A DWP case manager told me ATOS and CAPITA assessors are unjust — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A DWP case manager told me ATOS and CAPITA assessors are unjust

Options
AmyS1992
AmyS1992 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
After spending another hour on the phone to a case manager (now a twice weekly occurrence for the last 5 months), I complained that the assessment was exceptionally unfair. His response was yes, everyone is reporting the same, I am aware they are unfair. He also questioned their professionalism and medical knowledge, stating that "I could do a better job". I was also informed in the particular call centre he was stationed at, no calls were being recorded as they had a new telephone system.

It was nice to speak to someone so caring and helpful for once - I am just very confused as to why he told me this. I wish that I was able to record calls.

Comments

• Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    Options
    Glad you had a good experience. I will be interested to know if this Case Manager actually rules in your favour with their decision. Or if they're a wolf in sheep's clothing and screw you over. I hope it's the former, but the fact the calls aren't being recorded with their new telephone system, sounds a bit fishy to me. I know Benefits & Work recommend to send in your Mandatory Reconsideration request using DWP's online form. As at least there's a paper trail of what has been sent this way. Personally, I would prefer to do it over the phone for convenience sake, however, I believe a lot of these DWP staff are complicit in wrongfully rejecting PIP claims, alongside Atos & Capita, two sides of the same coin type thing. I hope I'm wrong, but my experience with the DWP & Atos has only been negative. Thankfully, the Tribunal service are independent, and I've had good experiences with them. However, having to wait 6 months to make it to appeal was very tough. I'm fortunate that I have family members that can loan me money to make it to appeal. Then I paid them back with the backdated money after winning appeal. I believe the DWP have purposely designed it this way. The same way the govt. use to enforce a 80% rejection target on MRs in the past. Thankfully, the problems with PIP, ESA & Universal Credit are getting more mainstream attention nowadays, I think it's all about creating awareness, I believe the majority of the British public are ignorant of the harm the govt. and DWP are doing. I sincerely hope we don't need to wait until 2022 for a new govt.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.