DWP uprating letters for 2018, ESA, DLA,PIP are they late. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP uprating letters for 2018, ESA, DLA,PIP are they late.

2»

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Gillian29,
    glad you’v had you letters.
    just a thought, instead of people waiting weeks on letters, if they have internet access why not do what the councils do with council tax, receive letters or notices online.
    could be set up securely, log in and passwords etc.
    cant be any less secure as posting letters!! Letters do go missing, posted into wrong houses etc.

Just a thought
  • gillian29
    gillian29 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi Susan48,I totally agree with you,I’ve had my mail posted to no 1 and I’m no 11 it’s very easy done.Mail does disappear and I would hate mine to get into the wrong hands.It would be so easy to keep a track on our benefits just log in,no waiting no worry.Hope you soon get yours 
    Gill I 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @susan48 it's a good idea for some? But let's face it you can't beat a good old brownie though the door can you hahaha.

Good to see their filtering through now...
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• susan48
    Governments a joke,
    definitely
  • gillian29
    gillian29 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    @susan48,I dread the bloody brown envelopes I get so stressed every time I see one
  • susan48
    Half my post disappeared and can’t remember what I put
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    I got my ESA one last week. Dated 1st but got it on 7th. My sister got hers dated 2nd on the 12th?!  DLA one I’ve still not had. I rang and they said it was done on 2nd? Does that mean it was sent out then? Or printed ready to be sent out? I hate all this waiting and worrying :( 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    The council opted for white.  :) 

As for doing things online, UC can only be applied for online. 
    So the skeptic in me thinks that's another zero pip points on its way if you can manage to apply for it you are able minded.  
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    Every time the postie comes I feel sick, then THE BROWN envelope.
    i check the back and if it says DWP I can’t open it.
    sits sometimes all day until I have someone with me.
    takes days reading it over and over again for some of it to sink in
  • [Deleted User]
    I know what you mean @susan48 it’s horrible isn’t it? 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    @susan48 the having to read again is because nothing they write ever makes sense.
    My first payment is less to bring them in line with the end of the month. It didn't say that, it just looked even worse than the cut i expected!
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    Whistles,
    exactly, reading over and over and still can’t remember what it says.
    i write on the envelope, with help , who it’s from, the date and a few words of the content.
    that saves opening up a reading the whole thing over and over again 
    susan
  • [Deleted User]
    Still not had mine and DWP say it was posted 2 weeks ago today? Is it normal for them to take this long? 
  • [Deleted User]
    @dee4848 & @lyndylou63 what were that dates on yours if you don’t mind me asking so I can get a rough idea of how long they’re taking to filter through? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Morning guys. Got my letter this morning. They’re clearly very delayed but that was probably because of the snow a few weeks ago when it was actually issued.
    Havw a good weekend everyone. 
    Niknoo. 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Just a heads up for members awaiting their ESA uprating letter my ESA was dated on the 13th March and recieved today 19th. It's taken around a week.

As for PIP still awaiting that one.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• zacthezebra
    zacthezebra Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    I received my letters approximately ten days ago not that the increases made any difference to our benefits they took all the increases away because my wife gets carers.

Brightness