Where r so many of us going so wrong - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where r so many of us going so wrong

2»

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    My experience of pip assessment is that they dismiss what medication you are on how much pain you are in and GP letters are dismissed 
    They are only interested in how you manage your daily activities the more aids you have the more points you get .
    A perching stool in the kitchen gets 2 points ,a toilet frame or commode gets you points, a stool in the shower gets points but its not a matter of going out and buying these you have to get your GP to refer you to a occupational therapist for a assessment and if you need these items they will arrange to have them put in your home and give you paperwork to show the DWP
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    One issue I described was dismissed because I wasnt on medication, wasnt receiving outside help, didn't show signs at the assessment at that time. But strangely they say it's about your day to day living, but I am on meds it's a low dose.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Him I found that.  The assessor dismissed my problem by saying on a low dose of pain killers.  Got it wrong though, don't know how, but I am on the top dose, some people on hear helped me.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • whistles
    charlene said:
    Him I found that.  The assessor dismissed my problem by saying on a low dose of pain killers.  Got it wrong though, don't know how, but I am on the top dose, some people on hear helped me.
    Actually my assessment just plopped on the mat. It's the DM that's dismissed everything so far. 
    Assessor scored me 6 which is what I was getting in between my odd 7 and 8 if I was having a bad day. 
  • whistles
    My actual assessment notes my short term memory as a condition in its own right, I think.
    It notes that's it's mentioned on the forms and in the interview, however I passed the tests accept the recall after the time delay.
    It goes on to say that they expect my conditions to be present at the review, but because it's variable they want to make sure i am on the correct award. 
    Assessor gave me points for budgeting, much appreciated because I thought I was being thick!!! DM dropped it.

I think it's the 50% rule where you have to have the problems half of the time.

What's written I am in agreement with me. I was self testing myself 6. 

It says neurological disease. Makes me sound contagious.  :)
  • whistles
    You are doing a MR aren't you? 
    I wish you all the best in getting the points. 

I'm getting hold of my gp to see if any meds can be reduced if those are causing unnecessary problems. 

Brightness