please help it’s urgent — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

please help it’s urgent

Options
chloemercer_xxx
chloemercer_xxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I’m so confused, I received this letter from ESA telling me about my claim but on the last page it says this? Does this mean I am getting DLA and someone is caring for Me? I don’t speak to my mum atm and she is my power of attorney so I don’t get told anything and she is the type to claim without me knowing also my money goes into her bank so she will transfer it to my bank everytime I get my ESA. But for some reason she won’t change my bank details over for me. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi chloe and welcome

This letter is about ESA which you are getting. There is no ammount of DLA or PIP which is the benefit taking over from DLA and no mention of anyone claiming care for you

Have you had an assessment yet for PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CockneyRebel
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you are in receipt of DLA or PIP you should soon receive the annual increase letter

CR
  • chloemercer_xxx
    Options
    But my problem is I don’t actually know if I am getting DLA or PIP because my mum wouldn’t tell me. She would use my disability to get PIP money and not tell me she is receiving my money or carers for me. I’m not saying she is but how would I find out if she is claiming it on my behalf behind my back? 
  • chloemercer_xxx
    Options
    And I wouldn’t need to go for an assessment as they ring my mum and ask questions about me (she is my power of atterney and Iv already been told ages ago I wouldn’t need an assessment just a phone call with my mum to ask a few questions 
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    I think you need to get face to face advice from CAB or similar if possible or ring the Scope help line to talk to some one. We would need to know more about you and your situation and things that should not be put on a public forum.
    But please do come and have a chat we will support you all we can

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.