Unfare award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unfare award

Options
wendy1966
wendy1966 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
Hi there i recently applued for pip . i have 45% movement of one are . both knees are bad . and i am haveing probs with my left shoulder . and how i have had my letter and i can not dress myself lower than my eaist. Or put sock shoes on and i can not do the thing when ive been loo . they have awarded me low rate care . abd have said i need aids not help im furious . oh and my assement said i had adiquate movemebt in my shoulder ... I am currently waiting orthapedic 6 weeks till i go .... Im at a loss and feel let siwn x 

Comments

• wendy1966
    Options
    wendy1966 said:
    Hi there i recently applued for pip . i have 45% movement of one are . both knees are bad . and i am haveing probs with my left shoulder . and how i have had my letter and i can not dress myself lower than my eaist. Or put sock shoes on and i can not do the thing when ive been loo . they have awarded me low rate mobility . abd have said i need aids not help im furious . oh and my assement said i had adiquate movemebt in my shoulder ... I am currently waiting orthapedic 6 weeks till i go .... Im at a loss and feel let siwn x 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi wendy1966, you have two options appeal via a MR or accept your award, I take it you are moving from DLA to PIP. Is the award what you expected or did you think you should have been awarded more?.  Did you or have you done a self test to see how you would score using the descriptors on the sitehttp://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.ph
    if you take the test be honest with your self as you will have to justify  your answers you put in your application form.
  • wendy1966
    Options
    hi no i have never applied for pip or dla, and i did do a self assesment , and tbh i got 9 points, they have given me 6, for wash and dress, and toilet , and basic food prep, she put things down in the reort i never said tbh, like i can getinto and out of the shower unaided i cant , i do not have any adaptations to my house as its private, and the landlord refuses too allow it ,
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    If you got 9 points on self assessment, your award sounds right. I don't get your issue?
  • wendy1966
    Options
    i got 8 points on the mobility section thats what they awarded me , but on the daily living i got 6 points, i never got daily living which is what i need it in more that mobility tbh .

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wendy1966
    Options
    it does not matter ,

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    A lot of people would swop with you
  • wendy1966
    Options
    swap me for what low rate moblity ,im not meaning to sound rude here but it does not really help me at all
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • wendy1966
    Options
    Victoriad said:
    Hello @wendy1966
    It does matter as you are obviously upset about this and I am really sorry if I sounded a bit off.......honestly not intended.

Ask if @CockneyRebel
    or @Username_removed
    can advise you as these contributors to the forum are well on the ball in giving advice on the legalities of such situations.

Take care 

its ok maybe i come across as being ungrateful, i dont mean to be, but if you knew the full hing im sure you would understand x

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Wendy, glad to se you back, I was concerned for you.  
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • wendy1966
    Options
    thankyou its really stressing me out this ,x

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • charlene
    Options
    I bet it is, the assessment is not a pleasant thing to go through.   Try and keep calm for your heath's sake.  You also will need all your energy if you wish to challenge you award.
  • wendy1966
    Options
    i just dont understand what they got that i can do certain things with means of an aid, when its my partner who helps me, i have explained he has notw got to go to work and that help is no longer there for me, wipe my bum with an aid are they having a laugh when i have one arm that works , and a shoulder which she seemed to think is a ok, the problem i have is that my orthapedic appointment is not for antoher 5 weeks, so im not even going to have that evidence ,ive ben to numerous physio who have now said can the could do no more ,and actually told me to go back to docs OH MY WORD .i feel so let down

• wendy1966
    Options
    maybe im just too honest and saying diffuculty is not saying i cannot

• charlene
    Options
    If you already have their decision, then you will have time to get extra medical evidence from your physio. Have you asked for the assessors assessment? This  you will need to go to a tribunal, if you want to fight their decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.