Unfare award - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unfare award

Comments

• wendy1966
    wendy1966 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    no i need to do a reconcideration first i think, and i am going to get as much as i can befoore my deadline date
    thanks

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Have you had a letter from Atos, stating what award points the have awarded you?  If you have you have a month to tell the what you disagree with, but you need to back this up. This is an MR.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • wendy1966
    yes i have love and i am going to try, but my shoulder im waiting for an orthapedic and i feel this will not be  in time before it is due in ,
    they seemed to think i had adiquae shoulder movement i beg to differ and she also put i could get into the shower un aided and them words never left my lips ;(

• charlene
    Wendy, AIDS in every day living score points.  Some people  need to use a shoe or sock horn,  and yes a bum wiper.  I use adapted toilet seats which the council provided.  They also supply a commode if required.  These items would not mean any change building works to your home, and they score points.
  • wendy1966
    yes yes i understand you now, and thankyou so much for helping, i am having a loo seat and a perch chair for my kichin and also a bath seat i think, but as far as grab rails go they cannot adapt the house as the landlord says no, so they are saying i was seen to wipe my eye with my left hand which sufggests i can wash my hair . whats all that about , so you are saying that i am unable to get into the shower on my own as its a foot up and my knees dont work , i also do not and cannot hav a grab rail fitted coz my right arm is disabled and also the landlord refuses id that what you mean , sorry i sound dim im just very confused bout the whole thing ,

• wendy1966
    i need to go into each section i do not agre with and point out what she has decided and why i do not agree
    is that it and try and get evidence like a picture of my shower and the height of it to get in, and also how tiny it is , like them saying i could use a sponge on a stick , but my shower is so small i only just fit in tring to use an aid with one good hand lol

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you got your actual assessors report? 
    Mine was different.

What I found with the self tests, was doing them over time scored me different.
    I did them here and there. On a good day, when things were a bit **** and when my day was total you get my drift. 
    I gave myself what the assessor gave me, accept the mobility because I probably didn't understand the questions. 
    But imo he saw what I see most of the time. 

However I was here posting that I wasnt happy to lose the care initially. I was angry and I think we need to remember that by the time we get the award, we have a shed load of emotions all running around at once. Anger, disbelief, uncertainty. 
    Having someone write things so personal about you as adequate can make you feel like rubbish! The aids I used were written as not needed.

If you feel it's wrong then do the MR. You know yourself best. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    Just try and take things in exceptable chunks, that is what I do when my mind scrambles.  All the AIDS you are having are acceptable, and if your local council provided them , it carries more weight.  Make sure you mention the Council in your MR. Consider the other AIDS as they can make life better. Those  bum wipers are a form of medieval torture lol.

Because you raised your hand to your eye that was good enough to say you can wash your hair.  I was told once by an assessor, okay you can' t wash your hair with your right arm, but you do have a left arm.  Just raise above it, put it in the past , use your energy to 
  • wendy1966
    whistles said:
    Mine was different.

I did them here and there. On a good day, when things were a bit **** and when my day was total you get my drift. 
    I gave myself what the assessor gave me, accept the mobility because I probably didn't understand the questions. 

However I was here posting that I wasnt happy to lose the care initially. I was angry and I think we need to remember that by the time we get the award, we have a shed load of emotions all running around at once. Anger, disbelief, uncertainty. 
    Having someone write things so personal about you as adequate can make you feel like rubbish! The aids I used were written as not needed.

not sue i get you fully here hun, you are saying accept the mobility ,yes im happy with it , but just the care side ,

• whistles
    Sometimes I feel like pip is like rolling a dice.
    The assumptions made can be bizarre. If you can raise your hand up, you can fly a boeing 747. 

Don't forget its the job of the assessor or cm to look for ways out of the award. 
    These aids are worth less points I think than requiring actual assistance. So they will argue you could wash with one arm with the sponge on the stick and sit in a chair by the sink.
    I got told i could sit on a chair.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    wendy1966 said:
    whistles said:
    Mine was different.

not sue i get you fully here hun, you are saying accept the mobility ,yes im happy with it , but just the care side ,

It's up to you if you accept or know it's wrong. 

• [Deleted User]
  • charlene
    I agreed I could wash my hair, after what the last assessor said about having a left hand.  I can  wash my hair but it with the fat of my hand 
  • charlene
    I think I will buy a chair to sit on up the garden.  Get my brother to come down and use the  hose pipe on me.  Would that score points or be explained away!
  • [Deleted User]
  • charlene
    Oh my goodness, just realised I am a slap head!
  • [Deleted User]
  • wendy1966
    Can i retract the reconcideration

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.