Unfare award - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unfare award

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Options
    Would he recognise the Dxxk Hxxd, he is?
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • charlene
    Options
    Lol, I am not sure I believe you.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What puzzles me is if you read the forms, yes we all have.
    It says can you do to a task to an acceptable standard, in a reasonable time frame and repeat more than once- as someone with no health issues or difficulties.

One arm would suggest not. I feel I need two hands to get the bloody shampoo out of the bottle, or is there an aid for that- seriously if yes please say so.
    I changed to soap because I can't use the shower gel bottles anymore.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • wendy1966
    wendy1966 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Options
    I kbow your plight . i struggle all the time with one half decent arm and one that dont work
  • charlene
    Options
    Whistles, I have problems getting shampoo out of bottle and need to use both hands.  Therefore I squeeze  the shampoo, onto my legs, then scope it up with good hand and then slap it on my hair. Is that an acceptable manner?
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is using a hammer an aid? 
    I wonder if there are some that are easier than others.

You can buy a portable shower but that still requires an extra pair of hands. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    This  is a joke     I tho ught I was  starting to understand  Questions  obviously I am not .no fault of anyone  it's just  me   sorry 
  • wendy1966
    wendy1966 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Options
    Yes i understand what you mean mike. But i need to go through each area i was pointed with what i think wrong and ezplain why i think it was and give an example should i also say im happy with the liw rate mobility.. Sorry all the questions .im just not very good at putting things togeather  . 
  • charlene
    Options
    Hello Mikehuges. Fortunately I have the required points, I need.  Just a little bantering with whistles.

however, I do use 2 hands as I have weakness in both hands and wrist.  Using both hands causes a great deal of pain in hands, wrist and arms.   Extra pain is caused when The bottle of shampoo, drops to the floor unopened and I try to retrieve it.  Also, I don't like using my legs as a soup dish. Instead of my shower being enjoyable I am left with negative feelings.  

On another occasion, I couldn't get some glue out of a large tube, even using the thingy that you buy todo the job.  In the end, out of frustration, I grabbed a knife and split the tube open! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.