planning a route - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

planning a route

Options
13»

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @whistles neither can I but I had stepped across the threshold of my abode in an outward direction alone which proved to my assessor that I was quite capable of planning and following the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person or aid to help me as often as I wished.
    @sleepy1 you made me laugh. Thank-you. I passed my driving test years ago but after my 4th road accident and the onset of concentration and confidence issues my hubby decided I was not fit to drive. I went along with it to keep the peace but it's 8 years now since I got behind the wheel. As I've said before PIP does not encourage progress in any of our illnesses or how independent we can be otherwise it's stopped. After my experience of having to try and convince them of what help I need and a review in less than 2 years despite being 67 I remain forever handicapped not only by disability but by PIP.     
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    @wildlife Lol don't even think of getting back behind that wheel, I tried it after a few years off and it was a nightmare, got a £60 parking ticket within the first hour (with a blue badge displayed!) next outing something went bang on the car so had to pull into a bus lane, police car was there behind me within seconds.  They had a quick look at the car and said it should be ok to drive and drove off, so I drove off but a few seconds later ended up going down hill with no brakes (thank God the traffic lights turned to green just at the right moment) managed to free wheel into a lay by and then had to call for a tow truck to get the car and a total wreck (me) home.

I loved driving and still got my car that has not moved since then but have now accepted the roads are better off without me.  Be thankful you have your own private chauffeur to get you to the places you don't really want to go to ; )
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wildlife are you referring to the assessment? Did you go on your own? 
    They would see that as planning the journey. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @whistles No I didn't go on my own. As @sleepy1 would say my own personal chauffeur took me and stayed with me all the way through. I said in my previous post what they used to decide I could go anywhere alone and its obvious to anyone other than them how ridiculous that was.   
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Options
    Because I panic and close my mind straight away, to planning an unfamiliar journey, that is what I must say.  Also, when out I collapsed unconscious, braking 2 teeth on the way down.  Landed up in hospital, and the next day some  tests were done, including taking some fluid from my spine (heart attack) only thankfully to be told all tests were negative.  Later as an outpatient, I had a CT and MRI scan done, and all was fine.

Finally I was told I collapsed due to stress, very rare occurrence on all account, but I did.  I do know the name  but it alludes me at present, and will put it down on my form.  Publish and be damned.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be on your medical records. The emphasis is on us to prove the problem. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Options
    IT is called postural hypotension.  Doctor advised me if the symptoms I experienced started up again, to lay down on the floor as quick as I can.  Did this once in Morrison, later a member of staff, walked me to my car.

over the years my life has become more and more restricted as a way of controlling things.  Who in their right mind puts themselves into a position of danger? 
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Brightness