Where get I get help with Debts that dosnt cost to use the Service. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where get I get help with Debts that dosnt cost to use the Service.

Colourfull
Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
Hi to All,

Where get I get Debt advise free I have a few things that need paying off.

Could you list a few places I can use.

Thanks.

Colourfull

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    National Debt line will point you in the right direction
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Step Change Debt Charity.  Can contact your creditors and put you on a debt management plan.  When they go through your expenditure don't let them bully you into agreeing you could spend less on certain items if you need to spend more.  For example you might need a large clothes budget if you wear special shoes. They won't allow much for an entertainment budget and of course none for a holiday budget.  They allow a generous petrol and parking budget for obvious reasons.

if after phone assessment you think they haven't allowed enough for expenditure you can ask for a review but you have to justify why you need to spend more on certain items 

Main thing is don't let them bully you 
  • Colourfull
    Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi to All,

Thankyou I spoke to them this afternoon and they said they were phoning me back twice they phoned me back once so will have to see when I get another call. IF I get another call.

Colourfull.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.