PIP Mandatory Reconsideration - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

2»

Comments

• Emz1990
    Emz1990 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi louise91 i can imagine how stressed you are right now as I am currently going through a pip tribunal. Did you find out if they contacted your gp before they made their decision? They don't always do this and go by the previous report from the gp for dla. It might be worth looking into
  • louise91
    louise91 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Emz1990 said:
    Hi louise91 i can imagine how stressed you are right now as I am currently going through a pip tribunal. Did you find out if they contacted your gp before they made their decision? They don't always do this and go by the previous report from the gp for dla. It might be worth looking into
    Hi Emz, no they never contacted GP! Hope you get the outcome your hoping for with your tribunal, its not even my own claim and I'm stressed to the max! 
  • louise91
    charlene said:
    Louise99.  I wear an hearing aid in each ear.  I was awarded 2 pts on assessors assessment.  Maybe you need to explain more fully, if your mum has problems with still hearing.  

Although I wear hearing aids, my brain does not filter out background noise so to hear them people need to talk clearly and not mumble. If the don't my AIDS are useless. I have a few other issues with hearing, but that is the main one. 
    Hi Charlene, it was explained on the form and during the F2F that mum has hearing difficulties and she is currently waiting for an appointment for her hearing. I had to repeat some of the questions to her during the assessment and you have to speak clearly whilst looking at her for her to be able to understand you. Assessor blatantly lied is all that happened unfortunately! My mums the very same, if you speak low or away from her she can't understand you. 
  • louise91
    sleepy1 said:
    My friend lost her child because a woman in her late 60's during a driving lesson mounted the pavement and crashed into the babies pram, killing the baby and injuring my friend and other pedestrians.  The woman had already failed her driving test several times!

I don't think it is just a case of health limitations but drivers (and driving instructors) should question if their capabilities are good enough to warrant being at the wheel of a potentially dangerous vehicle.

Oh and I wonder how many people drive whilst on prescribed drugs despite being told not to?
    Oh my goodness, that's horrific :( that was a very irresponsible instructor and driver.  I'm glad that my mum will not drive if she doesn't feel well enough to do so.  
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi @louise91, sorry if my post was a bit blunt and yes it was horrific in more ways than anyone could ever imagine. 
    I used my driving licence as id at my pip assessment this week and was asked if the DVLA had talked to me about revoking it, my answer was no but I would not even consider driving anyway.

In my opinion it makes no difference on peoples disabilities it is more a case of them using common sense (like your mum) knowing when they are fit to drive or not.  As a driving instructor you must have had some very scary moments and thought hell no this person should not be driving and no matter how good you are at teaching them they will never learn!

ATB Rosie
  • allyt2210
    allyt2210 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi,we applied for pip for my wife due to her I’ll health,type 2 diabetes,fibromyalgia,sleep apnea,depression.had the f2f,well we thought it all went good.we got our descision and she is entitled to standard daily living part but no mobility,it’s a absolute joke the challenges my wife has to go through everyday,trying to walk around,get out of bed the list goes on! We have just send the letter back for a MR.so see how this goes.its just not fair the system is all wrong.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.