waiting for a PIP appeal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

waiting for a PIP appeal date

Options
loueeezzzee
loueeezzzee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there . I am waiting for a PIP appeal date but can anyone tell me what will happen if I am sectioned again in the meantime please?

Comments

• loueeezzzee
    Options
    Thanks my daughter can let HMCTS know.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    loueeezzzee,

The tribunal can only look at the facts which applied at the date of the decision you are appealing against. As Mike says, there's also an issue about whether you want the hearing to go ahead if you can't attend - you have a better chance of success if you attend, but if you know you're not going to be able to, make sure HMCTS have all the information about why you cannot attend.

If you've got worse since the original PIP decision, I'd recommend getting advice about possibly making a new claim or reporting a change of circumstances. This depends on whether you are getting some PIP already (but not enough) or whether you are not getting PIP at all at the moment, when it may be worth making a new claim.

That's because the tribunal won't be able to take into account that you have got worse. They can only look at how you were at the date of the original PIP decision.

Hope that helps, but as Mike suggests, if you can get advice locally from a CAB/disability advice service, that would be best.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• loueeezzzee
    Options
    Hi,thanks for the advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.