Advice needed please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed please

SugarCoated
SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hi this is my first post here i'm looking for some advice and hope someone can help me out.
i made a joint claim for UC on the 25th of Feb after my husband lost his job in Sept 2017, we are due a payment in 6 days, I suffer from chronic Hidradenitis suppurativa nearly 22 years. A chronic bowel problem for few years both cause me unbearable pain which has caused me depression again I've suffered with this for a very long time. i don't leave the house for months.  i'm suffering from a really bad episode of HS which has caused my anxiety levels to go through the roof and feeling even more depressed. after visiting my GP he gave me a 1 Month fit note to hand into the job centre. i'm worried we wont get paid as I'm now to unwell to move around. My HS cause Abscesses on my body that are extremely painful and limit my moving round most days I'm too tired or in pain to get out f bed. I'm trying to keep my job search going by asking my children to help as i don't know much about UC or how it works. just that we need to look and apply for jobs for 35 hrs a week. we have no money coming in. i have never applied for any help for my illnesses or intend to. I'm happy to be left alone. 
I'm really worried about how sending a fit note will affect our claim and if we will be paid? any help or advice will be grateful as I'm stressing out and it isn't helping with my medical problems.

Thank you

Comments

• despondent
    despondent Community member Posts: 88 Connected
    I  am so sorry to hear about your illnesses. I am new myself to this site. I felt really compelled by reading your account to ask you to please apply for Personal Independence Payments. This is separate to your Universal Credit claim. It would give you extra money and people who work can get it also.  It is to help you cope with your disabilities and make your life a bit easier. Please don't be too proud, you are entitled to it with your conditions, and it would go a long way in helping you and your family cope better with day to day life.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sugarcoated and welcome

So sorry you are having to go through this

You should get f2f advice from CAB, welfare rights or similar

It would be a good idea to ring the Scope help line asap to speak to an advisor who may be able to explain UC

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • SugarCoated
    Thank you for your replies. Only reason i don't want to apply for pip or other disability benefits is because of my depression and anxiety. from posts I've seen and read its really hard to get, any negativity just makes me even more stressed and depressed.I was sent for a work experience interview in the 2nd week of my claim and i ended up having a panic attack. it was my work coach that suggested i get a Fit note but I'm worried now it may stop my UC,
  • despondent
    I understand very, very well l live in constant fear from anxiety and depression. I had a Fit for work interview, last Thursday and had a panic attack in there, it is not easy when you have mental health problems.
    If you could just apply, it is stressful I will admit that, I am lucky that I had my son fill it out for me, if you could get someone to help you that may ease things. I also got a home visit for my PIP assessment, which helped a lot. The extra money is so helpful, and your husband may get Carers Allowance for you as well. Please just think about it.
  • CockneyRebel
    If your work coach suggested it then you should not be penalised.
    Sorry to say this but you really don't sound fit for work so this should be taken into consideration

PIP is the benefit for people that need help with daily actvities and mobility, yes it has been made hard to get but can give some relief to people that need it

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

This will give you an idea whether you may qualify, you have nothing to lose and maybe everything to gain

CR

• SugarCoated
    Thank you for the encouraging words Despondent. I will go see someone at the CAB when I'm feeling better. will i need to talk to my work coach about pip?
  • CockneyRebel
    No you don't need to talk to your work coach. PIP is totally separate to UC and is not means tested

CR
  • despondent
    No, the CAB definitely. I think Cockneyrebel has given you some great advice. check out his link.
  • CockneyRebel
    Please don't feeel alone with this. We are here to help and support you with many knowledgeable members who have been through the process

CR
  • SugarCoated
    Thank you CockneyRebel for the advice. I just checked my UC account and it says i need to send in my Fit Note, i took the said fit note down on Friday 23rd march a agent logged it and it shows up on my journal as accepted. the next entry in the journal says "Health - declare changes cancelled for (my name)". also to do list asked us for our earnings for 2017/2018 again. we answered these questions with figures in the claim for UC. i don't understand why they are asking all this again and requesting the fit note again as it was showing up in my journal as provide fit note completed. stating completed by an agent. its all so confusing and stressing.

• cbarry
    cbarry Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I am healed of Hidradenitis.  But it was a long journey to get healing.

I had to go through medicines from the doctors and antibiotics was their thing and

in fact combinations of antibiotics, really a whole load of all kinds of these but really

these did  not work.   Also all kinds of medicines found in the internet and more.

I had to read several stories of people who said or made you think they really cured

their HS but that was a waste of time and money.

I’ve read stories of more and more people who wrote stuff about trying these and trying

that and when you get to the end, find out they did not succeed, it’s just stories and stories giving

others hope but nothing to fix this thing.

Then I had to go through surgery because that seemed the last option I had left.

But after surgery, no, it was still swelling in down below  and above the belt

So there was nothing giving me comfort or relief.

I started to think that in a past life I had done some evil and probably some sex crimes to others.

This thinking is not strange, I mean why are the parts of our bodies , the buttocks, groin areas, nipples

and areas next to them are the ones targetted by this ailment, these are all more delicate areas and

are our private parts  and associated with exciting & making love which is sex.

But I never stopped reading about HS and what other people were recommending for this disease.
    But there was one time I found interest  & read of Claire , a lady who wrote of fixing her Hidradenitis which was the worst kind for her. 

Her story is good because it was a story of winning meaning she got over HS.

She was the final lead since she wrote of her taking several medications just like me which

was a whole list of stuff and she stated one of these trials she did lead her to a cure.

So I followed her lead and that took some time but very important, I got healing.

This is no ordinary healing because HS made me ashamed and destroyed my relationships

with important people.   I ended a relationship because I hid my secret illness from

a lady whom I really cared and wanted to love and wanted to marry.   That

was 5 years ago and she is now married.   

I myself had a hard time with HS,  I can not deny it even because it is truth.

I am saying I am thrilled and very excited about my healing.

In fact, my life of being ashamed of HS is over and it is history.

I now look forward to approaching ladies without fear and do not have the

obstacles of my past.

Where can you read about Claire?

Read 

http://i-beat-hs.bravesites.com/

And the source stuff that healed her & me

Read

http://follownaturesway.net/gluten-diseases.html

I told myself, If I ever get healing I will write about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.