Needs have changed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Needs have changed

Options
mamag
mamag Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Im on the lower rate of pip but myneeds have changed. Can i and should i get in touch to get the higher rate. With the meds im on i now am unable to go anywhere on the bus as i am constantley zoned out my husband or family have to take me also im on longterm sick as am unable to do my job anymore. Not sure how to go about it.

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    Options
    you phone dwp to tell them your needs have changed but they will send you for reassessment and it will be up to them if they agree, get advice from cab or your local council office ask to see health / well fair officer before you ask dwp
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,033 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reporting a change of circumstances is always risky. What you need to do before doing anything else is take a look at the PIP descriptors and see where you can score those points for a higher award. For this you'll need to know what you scored the last time. Reporting a change before your review means you could lose everything you already have. Sometimes it's better to wait until your review rather than risk this because they will send you new forms to fill in and return, like the first time. A risk i wouldn't be prepared to take. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.