Appeal wait - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal wait

2»

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @muldoon

The assessors are not qualified to estimate rates of deterioration.  They shouldn't be allowed to.
    DWP treat them as medical experts when most haven't got a clue. Mine was a paramedic. 
  • muldoon
    muldoon Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    My daughter asked him how he thought he was speaking too and on several occasions said to him that he had asked that question several times and I had answered it I even had an angina attack but he omitted that and I cried on several occasions he was most definitely a bully
  • Norton2018
    Norton2018 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    ruby12 said:
    It's actually the mandatory reconsideration ( sorry appeal was wrong wording) they say it's being looked at but has been over 3 months now. Thanks for all your replies

• Norton2018
    Norton2018 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Wow Ruby..... It took the PIP folk 3 working days to decide my fate.. UNBELIEVABLE.. I sent 29 pages from consultants to copies of Mri . X rays etc.. 3 days... And the decision makers arnt like qualified I.e...staff CPN Nurse or retired GP... Nope.. Just office workers having life changing impacts with no knowledge of the Chronic Illnesses that I personally have...
    Took my friend 8 weeks to get a great 12 points.. As she can walk for miles..!! Mines going to a tribunal.. As I would have to move and car less.. Housebound.. Very horrendous time for folk... They REALLY DO NOT HAVE A CLUE at PIP..... 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    All the medical evidence in the world will not win a PIP award in most cases and often it will remain unread until tribunal.

The PIP assessment is not a medical, it is a functionallity assessment to see about how you are affected and if you need aids or assistance in daily activities or mobility. Medical evidence is only useful to provide the "why" you need help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ruby12
    ruby12 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Well I've written my response to the response from the DWP to my appeal so fingers crossed it will go in my favour.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.