PIP tribunals cancelled? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunals cancelled?

Options
rainbow58
rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
i was at my local CAB recently and there was a note written on their board saying tribunal cancelled -this could be for any number of reasons but i have heard that tribunals have been cancelled due to the number of appeals and due to bad/false assessment reports.does anyone know if this is true and tribunals are being cancelled and cases reviewed?has anyone been  awarded PIP without attending their tribunals-had their tribunal cancelled?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The DWP will review a claim prior to tribunal and in some cases if new evidence has been submitted or the original is read properly an improved award can be offered which can lead to the tribunal being cancelled.
    Across various forums this does seem to be happening a little more but only where overwhelming evidence is present and the claim well presented

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rainbow58
    rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    Options
    the notice at CAB said tribunals cancelled-i wonder if the HMCS had notified those concerned-could imagine people turning up at the CAB to find them cancelled without notice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.