Awaiting tribunal date. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting tribunal date.

Options
RVJ11
RVJ11 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
Hi everyone. I'm new here and wondered if I might get some advice from people who have gone through the appeals process. I was twice refused for pip, despite having asperger's syndrome and clinical depression. My mandatory reconsideration was all for nothing; the decision maker ignored every single point I made (with help from a CAB adviser) and even went as far as to ignore a letter sent by my str worker, and told me that I was not on medication despite my sending in a scan of my prescription. They seem to have ignored or misinterpreted everything. I have a tribunal coming up and I'm afraid it won't do any good.  Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi RVJ11 and welcome

Sorry to this is not uncommon

Where are you in the appeal process ?

It is important to understand that PIP is an assessment of functionality
    Have a look at the B&W self test for an idea of what is required

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • RVJ11
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I sent off the sscs1 form. I had a reply last week from the appeals court and I'm waiting to receive the DWP statement, and to be given a hearing date. I've had a look at the self test, and according to that I should have scored several points. For both my initial assessment, and for my mandatory reconsideration, I was scored zero for everything. Even according to the DWP's criteria for PIP awards (a copy was given to me by the CAB) I should have scored points for most of these criteria. The CAB representative and I went through the laundry list of points made by the decision maker, and we contested a great deal of them,  and provided a counter for each. For example, the assessor failed to notice that I wore my coat throughout my assessment, despite being inside. He reported that I was calm etc when I was terrified, but because of my asperger's I don't normally show emotion on my face.
    I told them everything, including the fact that I have to be prompted to change clothes/shower etc. as a result of my conditions, and they took no notice. It's worth noting that a close relative has very bad problems that prevent her from doing many things, and she wasn't awarded pip until she went to tribunal. The DWP even stopped her PIP out of the blue. She was left with nothing.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi

It is not unusual for MR's not to change a result but tribunals are independant with a 69% success rate
    It is good that you are getting help fropmCAB but if you need any more help please just ask

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • RVJ11
    Options
    Hello, thanks again for your reply. I wonder if you might be able to point me in the direction of an Autism charity, in or near Newark on Trent, that might be able to provide further evidence on my behalf? I have had a look around but haven't had much success. Many thanks. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.