Professionals refusing to supply evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Professionals refusing to supply evidence

Jurph
Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
I'm struggling to get evidence together for my tribunal.

I have Fibromyalgia, Depression and Anxiety. I was denied PIP with 0 points. The problem is that I'm only recently diagnosed.

I have 5 years of medical evidence that basically says I complained about pain but no tests showed anything wrong.

My GP referred me to a Occupational health as part of my local social services. I've seen her half a dozen times about what help I need st home but she's refused me evidence to help with PIP!

She said they don't do that because of the 'backlash'!

How on earth am I meant to appeal the decision when I can't get anything to back up what I've said?

No test can show what I suffer with. I don't get help from any other professionals so I'm stuck.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi jurph

This is becoming a common problem.

Have you got trained assisstance with your appeal ?

However, it has been said before that the best evidence is your own anecdotal evidence and attending the tribunal so that you can explain anything the tribunal don't understand.
    Have you started a diary of what heppens each day ?
    This can be a big help with a varying condition

Alsogo through each descriptor and note what you have trouble with, what help or aids you need to complete the activity and what happens if you don't get that help or can't use that aid. If possible give real recent examples

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I had this issue with the DLA. Both professionals passed the buck between them and neither signed the forms. 
    Got refused.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Jurph
    Hi! Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've got a diary (one that pre-dates my assessment that I think is helpful)

My grounds for appeal was very thorough. The CAB helped me with that but they've said they can't supply a representative.
  • Jurph
    I feel so stuck. I thought she'd be a great help.

She recommended having a shower put in so she recognises my struggles. However, the housing declined to do it.

The only other professional I see is the GP who charges for letters
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m similar. My gp charges 30 pounds for letters and I’m getting one done.  They are about the only ones I’ve seen over the years. I am getting help from a charitable organisation who are working with DWP and jcp. So they are writing a report too. It’s hard when you struggle for years with chronic pain and no diagnosis equals no other help in my case. Also with my mental health it’s been much the same having very little help. Avoidance is one of my symptoms. So I can empathise. You will get good advice on here and I hope it helps. Maybe ask your gp to refer you for further help with your conditions. At least that’s something showing you as proactive. Not that I’m saying you are not. It’s just we have to prove ourselves.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    P S can you talk to o t manager about a report?
  • Jurph
    I asked @debbiedo49 they said they don't provide them
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the issue is you are appealing. They don't want to put their name to anything used in court.
    Looking at it the other way around around, I wouldn't either. It might be outside their job description and we don't know if they are advised not to.

Can you not submit the letters you got off them before? 
    You need to be provding how you are effected and how you meet the criteria. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Jurph
    @whistles

I don't have anything. She came round, said they'd put a couple of handrails in and discuss with my landlord about a shower.

I don't have any reports or letters. She won't have written anything about anything other than the shower troubles anyway as she asked if my parents help with everything else. When I said they do, she just concentrated on the bathroom.
  • Jurph
    She came 3 times. Once on a good day, once was a flying visit then back on a bad day.

Her 'assessment' was on the first good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Jurph
    I have done, thank you.

I just feel so trapped. I can't get the help I need. I think most don't even beleive I'm struggling.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Jurph
    My driving licence is my life. I get your point but I couldn't be without it.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Jurph
    I have a professional opinion.

My diagnosis was made by a consultant rheumatologist. My GP sent me for a second opinion after tests done by another rheumatologist were negative.

I'm seeing my GP next week to ask for evidence but the bottom line is I don't have any that proves my struggles with day to day living.

I don't go out on bad days so no one sees me. Only my parents.

The rheumatologist discharged me back to GP for management and they referred me for physio and CBT. I'm still on the waiting lists.
  • Jurph
    The ESA assessor managed to see it - they put me in the support group. The PIP assessor however thought I was making the whole thing up
  • tryingmybest
    tryingmybest Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Try fightback4justice they are legally trained & helped me win my transfer from dla to pip xx
  • Jurph
    Thanks @tryingmybest I've been in contact with them. Unfortunately, they don't have any representatives in my area. They basically said I don't have a strong case without evidence.

They still advised me to appeal though. Perhaps the tribunal will understand!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.