Stressed about PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressed about PIP appeal

Options
Altea
Altea Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am told the waiting time for a PIP appeal in Liverpool is 35 wks
I am so upset about this and it’s making me ill with stress.
I. Have a letter from a senior Physiotherapists stating she couldn’t examine me as I was in so much pain.
Yet, a few wks later the examiner stated she did .
Clearly something in the process is very wrong.
I lodged my appeal via the CAB. 
Yhey say overwhelmed with this.

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Altea welcome after reading your concerns you have nothing to worry about with the admittance from your Physiotherapists who after seeing you and making that comment of your general overall ability. This information should be on your records of reasons of your ability with your pain. So lets make that clear you have these records sent back to who has refers you to see a physiotherapists they also have that report also. Now when it comes to examiner it is unclear of what they have done about it.? If they are overwhelmed this tells me you have a case. The waiting time can be sooner depending of the influx of paper work. You have NHS on your side of what you are saying so you must try not stress as answers will not be available for a while. As I say to my clients divert put it away and get on with your life. There's nothing you can do. There's no timescales to any decisions. You can ring for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with that report. Other than that you have to wait, unfortunately. 

If a decision goes in your favour you'll have an award date. (If you are claiming now).  If it doesn't your money will stop 4 weeks after the decision. 

Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/42442/awaiting-pip-outcome#PtIPHzQCLW18vYxv.99 If you still not satisfied you have rights with the reports to go to Atos but that is your last resort Which I would not think it would come to that.
       www.atoshealthcare.com/contactus  Good luck and hope it goes in your favour take care.  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Altea, and welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed. The waiting period can be really difficult, and many of our community members will be able to relate to what you're going through at the moment.

In the meantime, you may like to take a look at our guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and also our PIP/DLA discussions. If there's anything we can advise you on, do let us know.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.