Disciplinary for sickness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disciplinary for sickness

Options
piglet640
piglet640 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2018 in Work and employment
Hi I wonder if anyone some advise please. I received a letter from my employer to attend a disciplinary hearing regarding my sickness in the last 12months. I had 1 week where I was admitted to hospital I had a week of authorised absence when my mum had a fall and I had to have her living with me and my most recent which again resulted in me being admitted to hospital.
I have my hearing tomorrow and wondered if anybody could advise me of the sort of questions I need to ask I was always under the impression that a verbal warning came first.
The stress is causing breathing issues I'm worried I'm going to lose my job I have rent and other commitments .
Any advise will be much appreciated thank you x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @piglet640, sorry to hear that you're going through this.

Hopefully some of our community members will be able to help, and you may also like to read Citizens Advice guidance on disciplinary meetings to give you a better insight into the process. I hope it goes as well as possible for you, please do keep us updated.
  • piglet640
    Options
    Its a disciplinary as i have had the evidence and the  paperwork. I have had more than 10days in the last 12months hospital admissions 
  • piglet640
    Options
    Thank you will let you know the outcome later 
  • piglet640
    Options
    Not allowed union in the workplace . I attended the  interview and was read the occasion of sickness it accounted to 12 days in a 12 month period 3 of which were authorised absence hospital admissions . I have to have counselling with my line manager . But no formal warnings and I have to try and not be sick for the next 12 months 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why were you not allowed union representative in the workplace!!! 

Anytime iv had had problems when working and sickness Iv always has a union rep with me!! 

Thsts the the whole point in joining a union.

• piglet640
    Options
    They will not allow a union in the workplace. Will go into detail later but now off to work thank you for taking the time to comment 
  • Rian_Alumni
    Rian_Alumni Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Good Afternoon @piglet640

I am Rian from Scope Support to work i have read your problem and i would like to Advise you to contact ACAS as they can give you employment legal advice and let you know where you stand in terms of your rights at work.

www.acas.org.uk

Please click the link

kind Regards 

Rian 
    Rian
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork
  • lyndsaycdobbie
    lyndsaycdobbie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Same as where I work. Just been given a written warning due to viral sickness bugs that have been ruling my life recently. Just found out I have been suffering a nervous breakdown and phsical sickness is a symptom . I also have phsudo hallucinations a mental condition with anxiety due to the above named ailments . it is overwhelming 

Brightness