DWP people - how do I get money back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP people - how do I get money back?

Options
Sheridan61
Sheridan61 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
How can I get my money back from them I was told me a long time ago I was not fit for work but the lady I saw at the place and she lied about me on her computer and things like this and that and I did not do what she say I did.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sheridan61
    We might need a bit more information to be able to help.

What benefits were you applying for? When you were told you weren't fit for work, was this by a doctor or the DWP?

Have you been for an assessment and been turned down?

If you can let us know a little more, Im sure someone can offer some support and help.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Roma_Fletcher Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    @Sheridan61 I understand. My assessor lied on my assessment too. It made me feel really bad about myself. My daughter had attended with me and she was appalled by the lies that were on my report. It seems to happen a lot. What have you done since you've received your report?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Sheridan61 As Mike says it depends how long ago this happened. it sounds as if you might have a copy of the report, which is helpful. If you can show that the facts and correct evidence were available to the DWP (to show that you were entitled to benefit - for example, the facts might have been on a questionnaire you completed) then it may still be possible to get the decision changed. 

You could also complain about the assessment and the report. There is no time limit on complaints, but you should try to explain why you didn't complain before. Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.