Strange p.i.p — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange p.i.p

cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
I had a pip assessment today i thought it odd the guy done everything on a lap top with a dongle looking thing lite up red light when me and my friend asked if we could read the report he had written refused  .. last couple i have had i was told to read and sign thought it very strange anyone experienced this...thanks guys...
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    I had my at home as I suffer with severe anixousty and depression, and epilepsy, and I had a tumour in my right lung thankfully they removed , I am in remission now. But the person that came to see me I was so. Nervous but she was. So patient . I still lost but it went to appeal and I won, I never saw any reports unroll they were sent to me.
    Good luck.x 
  • anixous2017
  • anixous2017
    Lillybelle my epilepsy is uncontrolled I have 2/3 gran mal  attacks a day and 18 plus absences. Get a letter from your consultant and one from your gp. Don't give up , I also have severe anixousty and depression. I have have had safety stair rails put in shower and toilet . My husband follows me upstairs and when I have a shower sits out side door, so never give up, I have also gone through last six months with any body worse fear I had cancer in the top right lobe of lung. I had operation to remove .
    I am now in remission but every little ain I get bug cold I fear the worse, my anixousty levels are alful.
    I have to have regular checks for five years .
    Good luck to you .   
  • anixous2017
  • anixous2017
    No get your consultant to right a letter for you about your epilepsy . I am on three different medication. X

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    cathie said:
    I had a pip assessment today i thought it odd the guy done everything on a lap top with a dongle looking thing lite up red light when me and my friend asked if we could read the report he had written refused  .. last couple i have had i was told to read and sign thought it very strange anyone experienced this...thanks guys...
    Hi cathie

It is not unusual for the HCP to refuse you see what has been written. In practice it would not have told you anything as the actual report is written up later.
    You should ask for a copy of the report within the next few days, do not be fobbed off by the phone jockey, some will tell you it is not available until decision is made. This is untrue and you are entitled to it as soon as the DWP receive it

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Tell them your experience.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmworpen/829/829.pdf 

All correspondence should be addressed to the Clerk of the Work and Pensions Committee, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. The telephone number for general enquiries is 020 7219 8976; the Committee’s email address is workpencom@parliament.uk.
  • anixous2017
    Lillybelle my epilepsy started when I was 15 I had meninghitus.  So like you I have to live with it, as they have never been able to control .
  • anixous2017
    I have grand mal and petty mal , although my consultant says petty they call absences. My advice ring your consultants secretary up and ask if you can have a letter asap to say what sort of fits you have and if not controlled. It will help.

Brightness