PIP Mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mobility

Options
Pammitchell
Pammitchell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Pam, I have been diagnosed with ME CFS Fibro IBS  agrophobia and a few other conditions.seeing a community mental health nurse and support worker have to see a pschologist and on a 3 year programm
I was awarded the enhanced payment for the living part but Lower for mobility, when the health official came to visit me I let her in it is not even 60 yards to my front door and I was having a good day, I was awarded 10 points for mobility and needed 12 could I appeal about this

Comments

• Lost
    Lost Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Options
    Hi my name is Pam, I have been diagnosed with ME CFS Fibro IBS  agrophobia and a few other conditions.seeing a community mental health nurse and support worker have to see a pschologist and on a 3 year programm
    I was awarded the enhanced payment for the living part but Lower for mobility, when the health official came to visit me I let her in it is not even 60 yards to my front door and I was having a good day, I was awarded 10 points for mobility and needed 12 could I appeal about this
    Hi Pam yes you can apeal this decision get letter from doctor to support this and send it to them with supporting letter. This should help apeal advisor to change the decision. 

I had something similar happen to me where advisor lied about managing medication she said I can manage my own medication and scored me 0 points in fact I tried to take my life with pills and my wife has bought medical cabinet with lock on it she gives me my medication what I have to take. I got in touch with PIP and was told to get letter from doctor to support this which I did and they awarded me points on that so I got score I needed.

Hope this helps you.
    Lost
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Options
    My assorer put they goggled from where taxi droped me off to assessment centre on her report , waiting for award letter. I goggled it myself out of curiosity and guess what it was less I'm ready to fight if needed.

• april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Options
    20 to 50 is no longer 12 points they have put it down to 10 which is why so many like myself moving from DLA to PIP are lossing mobility cars just in case you didn't know
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Pam and welcome

Yes you can ask for a reconsideration but be aware that they might look at your whole award and they can take points away or even remove your award.

That being said it is unusual but an MR only gives a better result in about 16% of the time, so be prepared to go to tribunal

To score the 12 points needed for the enhanced rate

12 e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points

However if you can walk more then you have to be able to do so Sfely, Repeatedly  in a timely manner and to an acceptable standard so if you wer score on descriptor 12d

12 d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points

It is not enough to be able to complete this once
    Can you within a reasonable time repeat it ?
    Can you do so safely ?
    How long does it take you ?
    Does it take you twice as long as an able bodied person ?

If any of these apply then you cannot be said to complete 12d therefore 12e must  be chosen as the appropriate descriptor

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.