PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Pip Tribunal Ajourned To Obtain Medical Records

JustJanJustJan Member Posts: 38 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi my first time posting here.
Today was suppose to be the day i had my Pip tribunal,i had just got to the law centre to prepare my case,i had not been in ther five minutes when the reception guy called my case worker out to tell them my tribunal would not be going ahead due to them wanting to request my medical records.Does anyone know how long before i will get another date? Im very stressed and anxious as this has been going on over a year now.

Replies

• sandyp196sandyp196 Member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    You think it would have occurred to them to request your medical records before the tribunal. It's unbelievable what they make people go through. But at least they didn't hear your tribunal and award you 0 which seems to happen to lots of people, and Perhpas because the panel has no clear idea what their medical needs arw because noone has seen the persons medical files.  
    At least your panel seem to want to look further. 
    I don't know anything about how long you will have to wait for another appointment. But I know it won't be as long as you waited initially.  I don't think you go back on the genral list or anything like that.
    Someone else here will have that info. 
    Good luck.   

• JustJanJustJan Member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Thank you for your reply. Its very frustrating because ive been so stressed about the whole thing and to be told on the very day you think its going to all be over.i would have thought if my medical records needed to be obtained they would have done that long ago. I suffer with mental health and now im thinking maybe i dont have a chance of winning.im thinking all sorts and waiting is the thing that really messes with my head. I want to put it all to the back of my mind but i just cant,its been making me ill,all the waiting so today was a massive blow but as you said it could have been alot worse so i guess i was blessed in a way.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,199 Disability Gamechanger
    The length of time you wait will be determined by how long the average wait is in your local area and how long it takes your GP to comply with the request. 

Tribunal members get their papers the same time as you but as they don’t all live together in a big house they preview them individually. Therefore a panel of three cannot possibly make a decision in advance as to whether further evidence is needed. That can only happen when they meet, often for the first time, on the day of a hearing and collectively preview cases. 
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 522 Pioneering
    Can you request to see the medical evidence that is requested by the judge?
    i thought the medical evidence that was given in at the start of pip was enough.
    after all the medical diagnosis is not put into question here
    Anything received by a tribunal is added to the appeal papers unless it includes knowledge which would be harmful to the appellant. 

Why a tribunal needs GP records will vary from case to case. There are no hard abd fast rules.
    Thank you for replies. Lillybelle i think it may tell me when they send the form for me to sign to give permission to access my medical records.
    When I started my pip application I paid for a GP letter which is all the medical notes I have except with a neurology appointment for June that went in with the MR.
    i ticked the box on the form so that the DWP could access my medical notes and I told the receptionist that they may have a letter from them 
    she told me that they do not give anybody any medical notes without consulting me first whether I have given the other person permission or not.
    i suppose they are covering themselves.
    but that is all the evidence I have unless they want to go back 10 yrs to when I saw the neurologist last time and was hospitalised for 2 weeks.
    so apart from this appointment in June not much more medical evidence the tribuneral can have 
    However my diagnosis wasn’t in doubt anyhow or the drugs or side effects.

I have recieved to consent form and have posted it straight back. Il just have to see what happens next. Thank you for the imformation.
  • Lucysam25Lucysam25 Member Posts: 35 Connected
    Hi everyone not been well 😕 for the last couple of months been back &forth to the hospital i phoned the appeal courts yesterday asking am i any further forward when i will get my appeal going through courts they said i have been waiting 25 weeks i should here from them when i get a date & time so  i am a bit  frightened but the only thing i haven't got is my medical records  what if it takes to long 
    Your medical records can usually produced inside a week.
  • anniefannieanniefannie Member Posts: 5 Listener
    I don’t understand y they won’t them wen u practically give them everything 
Sign in or join us to comment.