Pip Tribunal Ajourned To Obtain Medical Records — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Tribunal Ajourned To Obtain Medical Records

JustJan
JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my first time posting here.
Today was suppose to be the day i had my Pip tribunal,i had just got to the law centre to prepare my case,i had not been in ther five minutes when the reception guy called my case worker out to tell them my tribunal would not be going ahead due to them wanting to request my medical records.Does anyone know how long before i will get another date? Im very stressed and anxious as this has been going on over a year now.

Comments

• sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    You think it would have occurred to them to request your medical records before the tribunal. It's unbelievable what they make people go through. But at least they didn't hear your tribunal and award you 0 which seems to happen to lots of people, and Perhpas because the panel has no clear idea what their medical needs arw because noone has seen the persons medical files.  
    At least your panel seem to want to look further. 
    I don't know anything about how long you will have to wait for another appointment. But I know it won't be as long as you waited initially.  I don't think you go back on the genral list or anything like that.
    Someone else here will have that info. 
    Good luck.   

• JustJan
    Thank you for your reply. Its very frustrating because ive been so stressed about the whole thing and to be told on the very day you think its going to all be over.i would have thought if my medical records needed to be obtained they would have done that long ago. I suffer with mental health and now im thinking maybe i dont have a chance of winning.im thinking all sorts and waiting is the thing that really messes with my head. I want to put it all to the back of my mind but i just cant,its been making me ill,all the waiting so today was a massive blow but as you said it could have been alot worse so i guess i was blessed in a way.
  • JustJan
    Thank you for replies. Lillybelle i think it may tell me when they send the form for me to sign to give permission to access my medical records.
  • JustJan
    I have recieved to consent form and have posted it straight back. Il just have to see what happens next. Thank you for the imformation.
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Hi everyone not been well ? for the last couple of months been back &forth to the hospital i phoned the appeal courts yesterday asking am i any further forward when i will get my appeal going through courts they said i have been waiting 25 weeks i should here from them when i get a date & time so  i am a bit  frightened but the only thing i haven't got is my medical records  what if it takes to long 
  • anniefannie
    anniefannie Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I don’t understand y they won’t them wen u practically give them everything 
  • SM01
    SM01 Community member Posts: 94 Connected
    JustJan said:
    Today was suppose to be the day i had my Pip tribunal,i had just got to the law centre to prepare my case,i had not been in ther five minutes when the reception guy called my case worker out to tell them my tribunal would not be going ahead due to them wanting to request my medical records.Does anyone know how long before i will get another date? Im very stressed and anxious as this has been going on over a year now.
    Hi JustJan, 
    Any thing happened after your medical records were received? Why they needed medical records? 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    @SM01 it looks like @JustJan was last on the forum in 2019, so they might not respond quickly. 

This information from Scope's website might help:

Your appeal has the best chance if the tribunal has the correct evidence. They need the evidence in advance.

If you bring new evidence with you to the tribunal hearing, they might not look at it. But you can send further evidence before your tribunal hearing.

If the evidence you need is in your bundle, you do not have to send anything.

It might be that there's not enough evidence in your bundle, so you'll need to send in more?

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    SM01 said:
    JustJan said:
    Hi JustJan, 
    Any thing happened after your medical records were received? Why they needed medical records? 

Sometimes HMCTS request medical records especially if there's contradictions in the evidence you've already sent. However, we won't be able to tell you when they've requested them because we don't know anything about your case.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SM01
    SM01 said:
    JustJan said:
    Hi JustJan, 

Sometimes HMCTS request medical records especially if there's contradictions in the evidence you've already sent. However, we won't be able to tell you when they've requested them because we don't know anything about your case.
    What was wrong with simple DLA. You send the medical evidence once and then it’s in there records they can get update after few years to make sure it’s all up to date and correct. PIP costing millions in these 2 Assesment companies  and 70% cases going to Tribunal again costing millions, long delays and stress. Why DWP awards mostly Zero points and in Tribunal it changes why DWP and Tribunal in different direction? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    SM01 said:
    It means that the tribunal looked at the information available and decided that they would be in a better position to determine the claim if they obtained the additional evidence.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • SM01
    calcotti said:
    SM01 said:
    It means that the tribunal looked at the information available and decided that they would be in a better position to determine the claim if they obtained the additional evidence.
    It’s taking too long extra 2/3 months 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    SM01 said:
    calcotti said:
    SM01 said:
    It’s taking too long extra 2/3 months 

If there's not enough of information then they won't proceed. I'm sure want the correct decision to made. Once a hearing date becomes available you will be contacted again, once they've received what they've asked for.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.