Pip tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal date

Options
mrsramm
mrsramm Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello,my husband has been waiting over 12 months for a tribunal date regarding his PIP claim. He was initially on higher rate and had a mobility vechile which we lost as he was put on to standard rate. His initial pip assessment took 40 mins and was carried out by a very young lady who had just qualified as a paramedic ?? who aptly missed out and miscomunicated details from the assesment adding her own 'opinion'of my husbands abilities (glad she knew him well enough to make these judgements) anyway...it has been a process to get to the tribunal stage (one point re. Mental state) which back then was a box he ticked btw even more so now!!! How much longer do we have to endure the wait n anxiety and anyone else waited this ling. West yorkshire area btw.

Comments

• anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    They so behind now, have you tried ringing the court to see how much longer it will be, my appeal from start to winning took not quite a year. Many good wishes 
  • mrsramm
    mrsramm Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I have with no avail im afraid as they are very vague with their 'try again in a couple of weeks' scripted response. I take it your outcome was positive. Congratulations n thanks for the reply
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    37 weeks and still waiting, this despite saying in the forms that my wife could attend the tribunal hearing at short notice.

We have rang the tribunal service several times to ask if a date is forthcoming, initially the average wait time was 26 weeks but they extended it to 28, then 30, 32, 34 then the last time we rang it was 36/37 weeks.

Brightness