Gastroparesis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gastroparesis

laurahc__
laurahc__ Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
Hi :)

I have suspected gastroparesis and have been on a liquid diet more or less since the beginning of February. I've seen gastroenterology once and have a follow up next month and I've been referred to a dietician but my appointment isn't until October, which is less than ideal because I'm already at high risk of malnourishment. 

I've been told that I have to continue buying supplement drinks because the "cannot be provided on the NHS" because I'm basically paying for them, instead of food. Just wondering if that is accurate? I'm currently on Ensure Juice plus and am interested to see if anyone has other recommendations or if brands are more or less the same? I can't have milkshake type products due to not being able to tolerate large amounts of dairy. 

In terms of my weight, I am technically not yet underweight although I've lost a lot of weight and it isn't sustainable and I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm already immunocompromised and I'm concerned that being malnourished is going to weaken my immune system further, resulting in me becoming very unwell. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated! 
confessionsofazebra.blog 

Comments

Brightness