Hi, my name is Tigermoth42! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tigermoth42!

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Yes just setting up a “media centre” in my house.

This is great for my films /media.

It’s just like a “home cinema”

The only problem is I keep watching the same films!!!!

It’s called “memory”

Shame I can’t go to “pc world” 

For more “ha ha ha”

Sorry!!!’
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hahaha!! I’m with you there Steve! 
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

“No Probs”

Sorry but did you say that you are waiting for some Radiation Treatment ????

I had some in 2005 on my brain/spinal cord.

I would be very very happy in sharing my experience if that would be helpful!!!!!!!
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @steve51, I’m having radio nerve ablation, they’re going to sever the sciatic nerve in my back. It’s not the same as your radiation therapy I don’t think, that sounds tough Steve. Hope you enjoyed your movies  :)
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

I’m very very sorry I miss read your post.

Yes it isn’t the same!!!!!!

Do you want me to have a look for some info/help????

Yes the movie’s are going fine mind you I keep watching the same ones!!

My memory is completely shot due to my Stroke.

How are things today?????

Sorry for the mistake!!!!!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tigermoth42
    A propos of nothing else I'm going to try to insert a link here to a YouTube video of an Air Traffic Controller's after dinner speech. It is 45 minutes long and one of the funniest things I've ever heard, so I'm hoping that if you're not familiar with it already it may bring a little lightness to your day.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @JennysDad and @steve51, hope this finds you both well, as best you can be guys.

Steve, no worries, if you can find anything on this nerve ablation thing I’d be more than grateful, I’m not even sure I want it done as I have heard it’s not all it’s cracked up to be and people end up worse off in the long run. My head is all over the place atm and I’m struggling to function ‘normally’

Richard, I’ll have a listen just now and thank you for thinking of me

Hope you both have a peaceful rest of the day, hugs, Gail  
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

“Many Thanks”

I’m on the “case” for you this afternoon if that “helps”

Please please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help/support you with???

Thanks.
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

I have managed to find/read some info for you about the treatment.

This treatment look very interesting indeed.

By the looks of things you will be fine honestly.

Sorry about my first post to you.

Do you want me to send you this info???  

Thanks.
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @steve51, ooo yes please, can you do that on here? Thanks so much for looking for me  :)
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

That’s fine, anytime would be good honestly.

I do hope that this works????

http://dudleygroup.nhs.uk/leaflet/radiofrequency-ablation-of-nerves-facet-rhizolysis-v3/

Please let me know if there’s any problems?????
  • Tigermoth42
    Brilliant @steve51 and thanks so much for finding it for me. I’ll have a gander & get back to you, Gail 
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

No probs yes please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with???
  • Tigermoth42
    Good afternoon @steve51 and thank you so much for the info. It was really interesting, think I might change my mind and give it a go. Got nothing to lose hey! Hope you ok
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

That’s great news as they say “nothing ventured nothing gained “

Can you please keep me updated with things?????

If there is anything else that I can help/support you with!!!!!!!
  • Tigermoth42
    Good morning @steve51, I will defo keep you updated. I’m on the waiting list for this procedure but beginning to think I’ve been overlooked as the consultant told me last August that he’d carry it out. He did say it was quite a long list so who knows?! I’m quite happy to wait, but family are hassling me to call them and find out. My mental health probs mean I can just about cope with one thing at a time and this whole PIP thing has got me wound up like a tightly coiled spring, it’s all I can do to get by on a day to day basis at the mo without trying to sort out that as well. Sometimes I wish they’d just leave me alone, I’ll deal with it in my own good time. Hope you have a peaceful Sunday, Gail 
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @JennysDad, listened to the clip you sent me of the air traffic controller speech, it’s very funny! Thank you for sending it, it made me laugh out loud, something I haven’t been doing for a while now. Hope you’re having a relaxing Sunday, all best wishes, Gail 
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

That would be great !!!!!!

Yes I know what you mean !!!!!

I used to be able to spin many many plates at the same time !!!!!!

Now I’m lucky if I can do one as well !!!!!!

Have a great afternoon !!!!!!

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42 and I am so very very glad to hear you enjoyed it. I have listened to it now several times and expect to do so many more.
    My Sunday looks okay thus far :) I hope yours is a peaceful and happy one.
    Warmest best wishes to you, always,
    Richard
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @JennysDad and @Steve51, hope you’re both enjoying the sunshine. Just got my copy of the assessors report and, whilst she got it right on some points there are glaring inconsistencies e.g. my ‘normal’ wrist movements, I don’t see how she came to that conclusion as I was wearing splints with metal bars which actively prevent me from moving. I got tripped up on the walking thing, she asked me how long it took me to walk a certain distance (I forget how far) and, in my flustered state, I said about 5 mins not really having any idea how long that was in terms of walking time with a rest of 3 mins but that’s not a true reflection of my walking ability. I’m all stressed out again, she said that washing my back doesn’t count for needing someone to wash my upper body, (I can’t even wash my hair & my husband washes my lower legs and feet as well) and that I can cook with an aid or appliance as I can chop veg but not potatoes and can’t stand for more than 5 mins, my husband does all the cooking as I often can’t hold a knife safely and only do ‘tv dinners’ in the microwave. She’s said I go out alone which I don’t, and can plan and follow a journey, which I can’t, as anxiety and panic isn’t covered by pip. I was doing ok these past few days and now I’m in a mess again. I just don’t know what to do, I haven’t heard back from my MR yet. 

Brightness