PIP, Cerebral palsy and processing of information, stamina and fatigue — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP, Cerebral palsy and processing of information, stamina and fatigue

Rainbow_wheelz16
Rainbow_wheelz16 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
PIP reading and budgeting question.
If you can read, but have limited reading stamina due to CP and processing what you have read, would you be likely to score 2 points?
I get fatigued easily and having to concentrate makes fatigue even quicker. If I'm reading something  I often have to re read several sections again because it has all gone in. (Not sure if it's part of CP and/dyslexia.    The fatigue , processingand stamina have been major issues during my education years, for which I had a SEN, 50% extra time in exam and several multiple extensions to complete assignments. I also have some issues with maths  so I cannot do mental arithmetic and even with it written down would take significantly longer.  I find it very hard to hold numbers in my head and do sums.  I know £1 minus 50, but if you told me to mentally add up 1.59+ 1.37+ 2.98, I wouldn't be able to do this and would take me a long time written down. Will this count?  Thank you. Also, how many others with CP have these problems?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.