Stopped benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stopped benefit

Options
Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
Because I was unable to go to an Assessment recently & was following medical advice my ESA has been stopped.  I told the DWP but it made no difference.  I have put in an MR but am waiting to see whats happens.  This has caused financial problems but I have managed to borrow some money from my Mother.

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Annabelle26,

Hopefully your MR will be successful. If you fail to attend an assessment then you need to give a good reason, which of course you did. I'm sure you have explained that you were following medical advice. If you need an assessment at home for example, you can ask for this. Please don't stop sending in sick notes to the DWP.
    Unfortunately, if you claim again at this point you won't get ESA unless your condition has got worse (or it is six months since the decision, which I don't suppose it is at this point). So probably, the most important thing to do at the moment is to keep challenging the decision on your existing claim and keep supplying the evidence.

Good luck!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.