PIP wait time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP wait time

Options
whippo
whippo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• whippo
    Options
    I went for my pip face to face in October.  Then got refused my mandatory so it's going to appeal. What gives them the rite to decide on your health at a 1 to 1. Grrr so annoying
  • JustJan
    JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    So far from my application for pip...i applied on the 24th of march last year,got refused after face to face assessment,did MR refused again so applied to go to appeal my tribunal date was last monday which was adjourned for medical records. Its a very long process.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @whippo and @JustJan, have you heard about the new 'Track Your Appeal' scheme? Might be something to consider!

Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) has introduced a new 'Track Your Appeal' service for personal independence payment (PIP) appeals.

In an open letter to Tribunal Users yesterday, HMCTS advises that the new service is available to PIP appellants in England and Wales who have lodged an appeal since 1 March 2018 and have requested a face-to-face hearing.

Appellants who register for the service - by calling 0300 123 1142 - will receive email or SMS alerts at key points in the progress of their appeal including - 

• a reminder to submit evidence;
    • confirmation that evidence has been received;
    • a reminder of the hearing date; and
    • a notification if a hearing is postponed, adjourned or withdrawn.

HMCTS advises that there is potential to use the Track Your Appeal technology for more than 20 different types of benefits in the future, and that other options for tribunal reform include - 

• an online form to submit an appeal;
    • an ability to submit evidence digitially so that it can be shared with all parties to the appeal; and
    • onlnine resolutions - enabling the judiciary to request and review evidence online and make a decision (for cases that are deemed suitable) without the appellant coming to a hearing.  
  • whippo
    Options
    Thank you so much for your very very invaluable information. I am going to look into this as it's great stress free thing. Thank you again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.