PIP taken away — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP taken away

zakiyaah
zakiyaah Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I cannot believe what is happening on regards to pip. I have mental health issues, hep c, arthritis of the feet, sciatic, incontinence, temp paralysis on a daily basis, can’t wash etc and they took my pip from me, I am going to take this as far as I can to court and then I want to take it to the court of human rights and European rights. It’s unlawful and they lie and no, you bloody well don’t have to stay calm. As long as you do not swear, if you stay calm your people pleasing as I was in tears, and shall express exactly how I feel. It’s wrong, they do not have any medical experience or knowledge so for them to change what they want to and ignore others. They skimmed through my incontinence, the hygiene part as it would have won my whole claim. If you can take it to court, get it to court because you shall win it and you shall also get your full awardment. It’s about time Dwp get charged for every claimant taking it to court, and to think I’m so much more worse then when I was when I was first awarded pip

Comments

• zakiyaah
    zakiyaah Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zakiyaah and a warm welcome to the community. We're very glad to have you with us.
    You won't find many people who disagree with your verdict on the DWP although, to be fair, the only decisions a community like ours is going to hear about are the bad ones. In your case it's clearly a bad one, so yes, fight it all the way, and, if we can, we will support you with advice and information. Just talk to us about what you need.
    The community quietens down a bit this late in the evening, but you will be hearing from other members who have much the same point of view that you do. And if there is anything you would like to ask us, or any more about yourself and the consequences of your conditions that you would like to tell us, please don't hesitate to do so. The better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi zakiyaah. it seems very harsh that you pip has been taken away. if i was you i would ask the benefits people for an explanation about their decision. i spoke to someone a while ago from pip about my benefits and i was told they very rarely take pip away fro people.
  • AlexandriaUK
    AlexandriaUK Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Hi have you put in an MR because that's your first port of call
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear about your experience, @zakiyaah. Are you appealing the decision? Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions outlines this process- if we can be of any assistance, just let us know.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    deb74 said:
    hi zakiyaah. it seems very harsh that you pip has been taken away. if i was you i would ask the benefits people for an explanation about their decision. i spoke to someone a while ago from pip about my benefits and i was told they very rarely take pip away fro people.

Hi, very rarely uummm!
    I wonder if that is another bit of spin?
    Following my 65th birthday in 2013, I have had three face to face assessments and all three resulted in my losing all of the mobility element (previously Enhanced) and down grading my Care element to standard (from Enhanced).
    After a MR for the first two the DWP then re-awarded enhanced for both. I am still waiting to hear what the result of the 3rd MR is.

Mind you when they say 'not take it away', it could read that if they leave just the one standard award, technically they haven't taken PIP away - they have just removed one element and down graded another which means I am still in receipt of PIP in my case.

• AlexandriaUK
    AlexandriaUK Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    I think after 65 they probably try to get us off PIP and onto AA but they have to get us to agree first and not appeal, so never give in cause AA is less adequate to keep us mobile, hopefully this time you want need to appeal

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.