Nothing left — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nothing left

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
I’ve just got no fight left in me at all. My social worker and careers have won, everyone can do whatever they like I’m finished !!!

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @cripps
    please call your doctor or a helpline the  Samaritans.

you sound very low. I feel you really need help right now.

can you call someone?
  • cripps
    I would love to but no one on my side anymore everyone is so  aggressive, my consultants my social worker. SORRY 
  • susan48
    @cripps don’t be sorry, you’v nothing to say sorry for.
    Please even call your gp surgery to see if you can talk to your doctor.
    Please just try to call them.

Sounds like you need to talk. With all due respect, do you have a mental health problem?

Im not sure what your health problems are.
    sorry if that sounds direct I’m just concerned for you 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • cripps
    I really need someone to talk to all this has been going on for at least 3 years and i feel like I’m going to pop, just tried to have a conversation with my social worker about half an hour ago and see couldn’t get off the phone quickly enough. The only way to talk to a doctor is to book it a day in advance and my consultants just wants to get rid of me and wont fix my severe pain. What’s wrong with the world!! Don’t worry I’ll just carry on , thanks anyway just needed to let off at little frustration. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    If you can't talk, write.
    I wrote everything down, then when I was calmer I bullet pointed it for my gp and posted it.
    They did a ring back because I couldn't call.

I don't know your age or what's happened. But just a heads up if you are female and going through the change, it pays with your emotions and can really make you low.
    Apologies if that's not the case.
    Also meds that decide to stop working, again can make you drop.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    @cripps
    No if you call the doctor now and say how your feeling to reception and in sure the doctor will call you, mine did for me.
    Your situation obviously needs to be fixed, and I’d be reporting the social worker.
    The social worker is supposed to be there for you!

i understand you need to vent but I still think you need to see a doctor 
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    I no longer have a social worker. It's just the team.
    If they don't answer the phone they don't call back.
    So I would do gp first off. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • cripps
    Thanks everyone I’ll have a think and by the way I’m a 54 year male with no family and very bad temped social worker. Can’t think the last time she ever did anything good for me, every time i speak to her it’s a take it or leave it attitude. I must say what a lovely bunch you are on this forum. A big
  • cripps
    I’m back just to keep you all on your toes. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    @cripps I totally agree with @Victoriad.
    I would be contacting the social work department and raise your concerns about the way your being treated, it’s not right 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cripps Good morning so sorry this is happening to you.  Have a think what would you like to happen right now.

Write down what are the issues that bother you.  The illness, the disability, the situation you are in.  The whole thing in plain English and make copies to give to senior people in your care.

Understand this happened to me.  Lots of times, especially my mental health care.  Also please can I add am a 53 gent who lives on his own. Got no family, because they were the problems. In my case with my disability and health care.

Then the mental health charities tossed out after what they thought in their own opinion .  

What a mess. Understand this is about you. My concern is that you are being rail roaded, rolled over by the system.  This is not right and am so angry for you.

No one is listening. Spoke to social worker on the phone.  I had one like that. So I did ring and the irritation of the women on the phone was annoying.  Told her so in no other words you will not talk to me like that please.  Or in one instant recorded the calls. So the care managers could hear what is going on.  Social Workers, Support Workers, Care Assistants, CPN all of them under so much strain and stress.  My own support had over 15 clients every fortnight could not cope.

Under funded over burdened. As you will be like my good self do not wish to bother any body but you need help and support.

Understand this I had to have balls and start to cause ructions amongst the support I was getting. I am not nasty, I am not horrible but arguing was pointless.

This my strategy for dealing with the staff and care profession.

First thing was write what I want and say what I want.  Make it clear, not angry not nasty but precise and clear what you want from a care provider.  Write to the manager in writing add.  I have a copy of this for my own records. Sent copies to various people.  If necessary.

Understand if ignoring calls or letters or Emails go over her head which I did. Next level.

Appointed an advocate straight away to represent me. All meetings all Doctor's Appointments, Welfare and other meetings.  Have addiction history, so fear of relapse was a possibility.

Plenty of those around on the web or SCOPE will advise.  Understand this appointed Rethink a mental health charity.  Doctors' my best friend, mental health charities got a kick up the bum. Do not like to cause a stink or fuss.  This was me. Am old fashioned gent and expect standards.  Know you do as well.

Part three is you. You are important and special, no 1.  Understand also I am a Christian try to put others first but . Not my health.  Have coping mechanisms, numbers to call people to speak to.  Thoughts emotional need to talk.  Because it is hurting me. So need to talk.

Have had enough myself last mental health charity treated badly, tossed about, walked over. Left it, by the way had a Team Manager who complained all the time. About me, not because am awful, horrible. Very polite and sincere because I have ways to do things. Saw so much hurt and pain and misery from ex clients. When I left usually send a form to fill in.  Survey how was your experience. Did not send me one.

All these charities, care providers all good on the outside. All ticking boxes. PC nuts can not say or do anything. Me and you time , generation when people cared. Not today. Absolutely all about money, schedules, conveyer belt.

Some of the charities have to hit targets have assessments on clients all the time. 

My concern is you right now. Being going on three years well. Understand that today it stops. Make some waves I did and look what happened to me.

You need to start to make waves and say what is going on. No one listening start at the top.  Speak to the most senior person in the organisation.  I did and it changed for me. Then appoint a advocate.

Please can I add me strong as a friend am here, you can do this. I had to and continue to do so.

Take care

Am here to listen but also as a friend need you to start believing you can do this. I can not help you have to do this.

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • cripps
    Morning thank you that was well worth a read. I’ve just had my career in and she is supposed to stay for about 1 hour but after helping me to wash and dress and make me a brew she thought that was it and left, all that took around 30 mins so that’s it now till 5 tonight. I’ve got no drinks and no food, I’m supposed to sit in my wheelchair for the next 6 hours with nothing. Like you say i need to do something because I’m not sure how much more i can do this, oh and she was supposed to help me with my medication , I can’t get in the packet properly and really not sure what to take so let’s hope i get that right. Need to make phone call and sort this c—-p out. Thanks for the post I’ll keep hold of it and read again. NC
  • [Deleted User]
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Hi Cripps, so sorry you are going through all of this.  Like your carer, my mum's carer took advantage , and left early.  If you are due to an hour of her time, make sure you get it.  I agree with others , that you should change your social worker.  All the very best CG
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Brightness