Trying to ring pip. Please help. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to ring pip. Please help.

sandyp196
sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
Please help.  I have spent over an hour on the phone to pip today over two phone calls and I havent managed to request my assessment repost.  First time I was on hold for 20 minutes and then the the call was cut off.  I had to phone again. This time I spent 39 minutes on hold wih the same muzak playing over and over and over.  Finally a woman answered and said 'hello can I help you'. I said 'hello can I request....' be for I could even finish the sentence the call was cut off. Dead tone. I'm on the ceiling,  I can't cope wih this kind of stress but I need to request the assessment,  I can't phone them again. I just can't.  What can I do? I need to do an MR and I need the assessment report. I'm just here crying as I can't ring them again. I worried about it all weekend and it took all day to do it and that's the result! 
I know people who have no problems with phones will think this is pathetic but for me it's not. Its a big deal. 
But even people ok riging them have to admit that same muzak over and over and over is irritating and like chalk on a blackboard. 
Everything just seems aimed to make it as difficult and uncomfortable as possible. I know being on hold is the norm everywhere now, but this is jsut abusive. This government plan these things out. It's all deliberate.  
How can I get my assesment report without ringing them again because I will just freak if I have to go trhough this again.  

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sandyp196, all of us have sat waiting for DWP to answer our call I have waited over an hour on a Mobil call was inclusive. Yet another time get answered in minutes just depends on time of day and amount of calls coming into the call Center. I put my phone on speaker and check my emails look on the scope site or just play a game. Yes it's time consuming but there are only so many call handlers so be calm and wait if you want your call answered. 
  • sandyp196
    I already know other people wat longer but its differect when you actually get your call answered after waiting. I didnt.
    I know your trying to help and i appreciate your time, but I dont need to be feeling overreacting when im trying to deal with this.
    I waited 20 minutes before I was cut off, and then I waited any other 39 minutes before someone did answer and then also cut me off! Twice I was cut off! An hour on hold and I didn't get to speak to anyone and now have to ring again tommorow.  It's too much.   So please don't justify the dwp call centre staffing problems to me.  
    I jsut want to know from anyone else if there is any way to request my assesment report without phoning up again? 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sandyp196
    Ok thank you. Iv arranged for someone to phone on my behalf. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Been told that in regards to esa as well. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I have problems just calling my mother! Phonecalls make me extremely anxious. Calling the DWP requires hours-days of psyching myself up, and a lot of diazepam. :/
  • sandyp196
    Waylay said:
    I have problems just calling my mother! Phonecalls make me extremely anxious. Calling the DWP requires hours-days of psyching myself up, and a lot of diazepam. :/
    Me too
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you guys looked into getting counseling for this? Either nhs or private. 
    For me there is one organization that requires planning, preparation and I'm all hot and bothered at that stage! It actually all part of a phobia I have, that I'm trying to kick out the door. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.