Questions about assessors report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions about assessors report

autumnsmum
autumnsmum Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI I wonder if anyone can give me some info on pip...so I had my f2f around 5 weeks ago.....obv he's lied on majority if the questions I told him I need prompting to take my meds and he's put no issue...I told him I can't control my toilet needs when I'm out and his reply was "well u don't go out so it's no issue" but then in another question asking if I manage meeting new people I told him no obv I have severe anxiety and he's put that I manage to meet people yet how can I when he clearly said I don't go out in a previous question so anyway according to his lies I get 2 points for daily living when 2 yrs ago I got 7 and its got worst however my mobility on his lies again I've got 8 points however this is just off the assessors report I've had no official decision letter....what are my chances of those 8 points staying at 8 or going down? Thanks for any responses and hope everyone is having a lovely day. X

Comments

• autumnsmum
    I meant 8 points not 7 I got 2 answers of b which are 4 each.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    What evidence did you supply with the promoting for medication? Who reminds you?
    Do you need prompting for other things? 

You met a new person and you communicated with the assessor.
    That's pretty much how they see it I'm afraid. 
    Everyone is nervous of the assessment.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • autumnsmum
    I never said I'd got anything I said the points on the report thst ive requested from the assessors add up to is 8 for mobility and 2 for daily living I've even said myself in MY post that I've had no actual decision yet I know it can go either way and I know it's down to someone who's never met me to make that decision....my partner as to prompt me to take my meds...i cant wash myself...I can't cook....i can barely walk without stopping within 5 mins of setting off...my meds are 100mg of sertraline a day as given by mental health gp....I take 50mg of tramadol 4 times a day and 2mg of diazepam which is accessible to those who wish to see my medical reports...I've had occupational therapist involved who's had to get housing to adapt my home aswell...I'm under physio....I've had counselling and my child on a child protection order due to me attempting to jump in front of a lorry just over 12 mths ago so clearly my mental health is NOT normal yet 2 yrs ago when it wasn't that bad I got 7 points yet now it's worst it's dropped to 2 obv a m.r is in line and no doubt yet another appeal.
  • whistles
    People assume the assessor has lied if they disagree with you.
    You might have said you need prompting, you might get prompted- but if you haven't given a reason as to why or evidence of what happens if you are not. They might feel you don't. 
    The assessor felt I didn't need prompting based on the assessment and evidence I submitted etc.

• autumnsmum
    He said I don' take medication when it's there to be seen so yes he lied. I do agree with some of his answers so it' not like I'm sayin everything is lies it' just let' face it they do make it look like someone like me is trying to screw the system yet I've being ill since 1997 at age 17 after losing my siblings I've lost two children which made me worst and here I am 21 yrs later no better at all a person who refuses to go out...I dont' take my child to school I don't do activities with her and as for me meeting him and being fine...yes I was in my own sodding house my safe haven not a office and my partner was upstairs so I had security.
  • autumnsmum
    I'e being awarded mobility which I'm happy about it' better than nothing.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @autumnsmum, welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear things have been difficult lately. You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

It's good to hear that you've been awarded mobility - if you do decide to appeal and would like any support or advice with this, please do let us know. 

• whistles
    They won't be looking up your medical reports. 
    You did send them copies of an up to date prescription?

• autumnsmum
    Yes all proof as stated I was awarded mobility
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    They looked up all my medical reports without me sending them in.
    Shady.
  • whistles
    Difficult one.
    Nobody can actually tell you what to do, that's got to be your choice.
    I got enhanced and since I will be going through all this again in two years time, left it alone. 
    I have that time to destress - is that a word? And prepare for next time. 
  • autumnsmum
    Yeah I'm too scared to ask for a Mr so gunna stick with whatthyve awarded me it' better than nothin it could have beig worst tbh I've got it for 4 yrs then assessent again.
  • whistles
    When I did the self tests I scored myself what the assessor did. I was under the standard.
    So that's another reason. The result probably wasn't wrong.
    My everyday life is effected, it just didn't fit those questions the majority of the time, I have issues outside the boxes- typical me! 
  • autumnsmum
    Yeah I'm same my daily living is worst than mobility and they gave me 2 points but last time I got 4 points whic baffles me cos it' no better but knowing my luck I'll lost what they have awarded me so gunna just be thankful I got something especially how some worst than me get nothing I don' want to jinx it. X
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    @lillybelle what was your award before  and after MR , I'm hoping my boss in favour as don't think I'm going to appeal

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yeah I'm same my daily living is worst than mobility and they gave me 2 points but last time I got 4 points whic baffles me cos it' no better but knowing my luck I'll lost what they have awarded me so gunna just be thankful I got something especially how some worst than me get nothing I don' want to jinx it. X
    And in this case the DWP will claim that they made the right decision as no MR was asked for! This just proves how wrong the DWP statistics are when they say that the majority of claimants accept that what they were awarded was correct.

• whistles
    Because everyone is terrified of losing benefit completely. That's wrong Imo. 
    Then a lot of things about pip is wrong, no money for five weeks is another one that gets through the ' bad timing' nets. Even an advisor said this to me!! 
    Sorry I digress there.
  • Yadnad
    After every MR (three so far) I am put back on what I had with DLA 5 years ago Enhanced Mobility & Care. What annoys me is that they insist of short terms for difficulties that have been evident since 1995!! Little mobility in 1995 and still little mobility yet they insist in giving me 3 years, to be reviewed every two years.
    What on earth do they expect - a new spine to be inserted?

• autumnsmum
    Fully agree there yadnad obv spinal arthiritis for me will never get better my mental health as being around since 1997 and only a yr ago I attempted to end my life...clearly that didn' get better...they clearly have no idea on these illnesses and expect us to just snap out of it.. glad u got yours reinstated 
  • Yadnad
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Mike I just didn't realise that I could ask them that. I just assumed that both the assessor and the Decision Maker would use a bit of common sense. 
    Turning it on it's head if they 'cave' so much, why do they go for just the shortest possible award period when they must know it is wrong and inaccurate? Is it to make extra work for ATOS, or is it just laziness on the part of the DWP?

I do wish that people like you who can offer so much fantastic advice are more abundant around the country instead of it being not only a lottery to manage to get into a CAB office within the time limits but also never getting to see anyone that knows what they are talking about.

It seems that beyond Birmingham going north there seems to be more help readily available.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.