Appealing PIP - how long does it take to get the bundle? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing PIP - how long does it take to get the bundle?

2»

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Have everything crossed for you, @guccidog and only sorry there is not more I can do.
    With affection,
    Richard @JennysDad
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • guccidog
    guccidog Community member Posts: 32 Listener
    Going to court on my own. No rep. Just me against them. Oh well
  • Matilda
    You don't really need a rep as panel will expect you to answer their questions.  I had no rep and won.

Disability Rights Handbook, available from Disability Rights UK site, price £18.50, has a very good section on appeal hearings procedure.  There might also be a copy in your local library reference section.  Next edition out in May.
  • guccidog
    Thank you so much. 
    I have heard that paper hearing you don't win. How true is that
  • Matilda
    You have a much better chance of winning if you have an oral hearing.
  • guccidog
    Thanks. Hope I am lucky. Does Sep ever give up or paperwork not in at 28days
  • guccidog
    Hello everyone.
    Recieved my bundle on Saturday.  Which was quick as I had recieved DWP. text on Tuesday .so now I have read through bits and pieces. 

I am dreading this court hearing.

How harsh are the panel?
  • dillongirl
    dillongirl Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Hi I received a phone call yesterday of my representative from cab.just to say she has received same letters as me of the courts and now to expect a bundle.i explained my daughter phoned the tribunal clerk.and they said dwp got 21 days to respond as they haven't responded after the 28 days.what happens of they dont respond at all.im also dreading the tribunal when it does happen.im in south wales.so I'm not sure on waiting times. Any advice would be greatful thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I received a phone call yesterday of my representative from cab.just to say she has received same letters as me of the courts and now to expect a bundle.i explained my daughter phoned the tribunal clerk.and they said dwp got 21 days to respond as they haven't responded after the 28 days.what happens of they dont respond at all.im also dreading the tribunal when it does happen.im in south wales.so I'm not sure on waiting times. Any advice would be greatful thank you 

It's not unusual for DWP not to respond within the time given but they will eventually. I know you're very anxious but there's nothing more you can do.

For waiting times in your area you can contact HMCTS and ask them what the times are and they will tell you an approximate time but it's just a guide.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dillongirl
    dillongirl Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Thank you @poppy123456 for replying.im just going to try and forget about it for now.because it's just making me worse with my anxiety. Anyway hope everyone has a nice christmas.thank you for all the support giving.its just nice to able to talk to others instead of me going on melt downs with my family who have supported me.thank you again x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.