PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Appealing PIP - how long does it take to get the bundle?

guccidogguccidog Member Posts: 32 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I am appealing my pip. My paperwork is at tribunal.  I just sent them my appointments for pain clinic.
So I am now waiting for the bundle.  It' been 2weeks since I sent it off. I hope a miracle happens.how long does it take to get the bundle. Or if dwp change their minds I know that' wishful thinking.

Replies

• JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Hello @guccidog and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I wish you the very best of luck with the tribunal and hope you will keep us informed as to progress.
    In the meanwhile, if there is anything you think we might be able to do to help or support you, don't hesitate to let us know.
    You've found a safe place, among friends, and we would love to get to know you better.
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • CirceCirce Member Posts: 36 Courageous
    I'm hoping to apply myself soon, I have a friend who won his appeal so don't give up, that's what they want you to do. I think it's disgusting that disability is treated like this. All Claims should be done via medical records rather than having to justify one's suffering to governmental agencies. Dr's notes and scans don't lie. I'm hoping I don't get in the position you are but tbh I'm actually expecting it. Bring it on I say!
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @guccidog

Where abouts in the country are you? Different areas have different waiting times, and we can ask @BenefitsTrainingCo if they can find out an approximate waiting time for your area,
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    I received my bundle within a few weeks of sending in appeal but there are backlogs now in many areas.
  • guccidogguccidog Member Posts: 32 Listener
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @guccidog

Where abouts in the country are you? Different areas have different waiting times, and we can ask @BenefitsTrainingCo if they can find out an approximate waiting time for your area,
    I am in beeston
    I am in beeston nottingham ng9
    Matilda said:
    I received my bundle within a few weeks of sending in appeal but there are backlogs now in many areas.

Was it lots off paperwork
    Yes, about 100 pages!  Pages that is, not 100 documents.  Every PIP document about you.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    I have forwarded this to the @BenefitsTrainingCo so hope we can get some information soon :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
    How do they help
    With expert advice.
    Is it important to have 100 pages. I have no one to represent me. I hope that dwp just give it back really don' want to go to court.
    The tribunal will send you all the papers the DWP have sent them about you.
  • janejjjanejj Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I got mine in about 6 weeks but depends on what area you are in
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi guccidog,

Once your appeal is submitted the DWP have 28 days to send the bundle to all parties, although most of the time it can take them longer than that.
    I work in the West Midlands and represent cases at Birmingham and Wolverhampton, and at those venues it's around 28 weeks waiting time for a hearing. I don't know about Nottingham but if you call the tribunals service on 0300 123 1142 they will tell you what the waiting time is currently.
    You should contact your local Welfare Rights team to see if they can represent your case. You can find their details here:

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/benefits/welfare-rights-service/

Good luck!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    100 pages !!!!!
    how on earth do they manage that much on just an application form which is about 15 pages, an assessors  report about 8 pages and MR which is at most 10
    They must have a lot about you to fill 100 pages
    edited April 2018
    PIP application form; 7-day diary; assessor's report; DWP decision letter; MR letter; 2nd DWP decision letter; appeal form; appeal submission because I sent that with appeal form; response from DWP objecting to the appeal; medical reports from when I first claimed DLA; 

I won, by the way.
    Congrats I hope I am lucky
    After losing pip. Life for me has come exhausting. As living on only was with deductions to pay for water and council tax plus a loan to help me to survive. I find it so difficult as now I have to pay difference towards rent. And housing association want 5.00 paid extra to have a months credit built up in ase you get less rent paid. Trust me i am trying to survive. But i am now trying to swap my bungalow for what I can afford. Seems like I am just existing.
    Only getting e s.a. with deductions
  • JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Have everything crossed for you, @guccidog and only sorry there is not more I can do.
    With affection,
    Richard @JennysDad
    Going to court on my own. No rep. Just me against them. Oh well
    You don't really need a rep as panel will expect you to answer their questions.  I had no rep and won.

Disability Rights Handbook, available from Disability Rights UK site, price £18.50, has a very good section on appeal hearings procedure.  There might also be a copy in your local library reference section.  Next edition out in May.
    Thank you so much. 
    I have heard that paper hearing you don't win. How true is that
    You have a much better chance of winning if you have an oral hearing.
    Thanks. Hope I am lucky. Does Sep ever give up or paperwork not in at 28days
    Hello everyone.
    Recieved my bundle on Saturday.  Which was quick as I had recieved DWP. text on Tuesday .so now I have read through bits and pieces. 

I am dreading this court hearing.

How harsh are the panel?
  • dillongirldillongirl Member Posts: 34 Listener
    Hi I received a phone call yesterday of my representative from cab.just to say she has received same letters as me of the courts and now to expect a bundle.i explained my daughter phoned the tribunal clerk.and they said dwp got 21 days to respond as they haven't responded after the 28 days.what happens of they dont respond at all.im also dreading the tribunal when it does happen.im in south wales.so I'm not sure on waiting times. Any advice would be greatful thank you 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I received a phone call yesterday of my representative from cab.just to say she has received same letters as me of the courts and now to expect a bundle.i explained my daughter phoned the tribunal clerk.and they said dwp got 21 days to respond as they haven't responded after the 28 days.what happens of they dont respond at all.im also dreading the tribunal when it does happen.im in south wales.so I'm not sure on waiting times. Any advice would be greatful thank you 

It's not unusual for DWP not to respond within the time given but they will eventually. I know you're very anxious but there's nothing more you can do.

For waiting times in your area you can contact HMCTS and ask them what the times are and they will tell you an approximate time but it's just a guide.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • dillongirldillongirl Member Posts: 34 Listener
    Thank you @poppy123456 for replying.im just going to try and forget about it for now.because it's just making me worse with my anxiety. Anyway hope everyone has a nice christmas.thank you for all the support giving.its just nice to able to talk to others instead of me going on melt downs with my family who have supported me.thank you again x
Sign in or join us to comment.