Questions about assessors report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions about assessors report

2»

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine is fluctuating so likely why it's only three years.I could go either way. I believe initially that my DLA was only short.

I do think I got the right award. PIP was designed to cut benefit and remove it off people who got DLA before.
    If all  the DLA questions were included in the PIP criteria, I would have scored 8 points. What got taken out was what gave me middle rate Imo. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    whistles said:
    Mine is fluctuating so likely why it's only three years.I could go either way. I believe initially that my DLA was only short.

I do think I got the right award. PIP was designed to cut benefit and remove it off people who got DLA before.
    If all  the DLA questions were included in the PIP criteria, I would have scored 8 points. What got taken out was what gave me middle rate Imo. 

Now I can understand your logic. But with non fluctuating conditions why don't they offer a longer term.
    As an example. I have permanent frontal lobe damage which changed my personality from being calm to aggressive which is heavily medicated for - that was 23 years ago. The DWP accept it for one benefit but don't believe that it exists for a different benefit.
    Then beyond all doubt as evidenced by the spinal unit, pain clinic Xrays, CT scans etc I have a severely damaged lower spine. This happened in 1981. It became more of an issue in 1993 when trying to walk anywhere. I have had surgeons look at the evidence with them telling me that nothing can be done and that eventually I will be in a wheelchair permanently. The DWP consistently offer me a 3 year term of PIP to be reviewed every 2 years.

Anyhow enough said I know that without good quality Welfare advice I am going to get nowhere. Just thank the Lord that I found this website.

• Yadnad
    edited April 2018
    Hi Mike that was a tongue in cheek comment but having said that In all of the years I have claimed one benefit or another (IIDB & DLA from 1995 & ESA from 2009) on the whole the DWP have given me what I honestly believed was the right award without having to go to a Tribunal. Even with ESA the first decision was 0 points but when I pointed out to them the evidence that I had sent in did not support that decision they revised it to put me in the Support Group for 3 years.

I have absolutely no objections to being tested and retested at intervals befitting the difficulties I have and the prognosis given by my medical advisors. 
    To continually retest me every 24 months is beyond a joke as is the removal of my award then be given it back again because I asked for a MR. Even the Vauxhall dealership finds it funny when I turn up one month to hand the car back and a few months later get another new one only to restart the same some 12/15 months later!

Again I never knew that I could challenge the term, in fact I can't still find any reference to doing so on the CAB or similar websites nor is it mentioned in the notes to the PIP2 or on that form itself.
  • Yadnad
    Culturally we’re at a point where a lot of advice services find it so hard to get to grips with stuff like PIP that they seem to have adopted an approach which sees any award as some kind of triumph. It’s adopting the language she thought process of those in power as opposed to being independent of it. Thus any award is a good award even if it’s on the wrong basis; the wrong amounts and/or the wrong period. I’m not of that culture and nor will I ever be :)
    Hi Mike it does seem that way. 

You never know that whilst visiting family in Urmston when I need a bit of face to face advice Salford is just around the corner!!!
  • Yadnad
    There we go then! Salford 1 Canterbury 0
  • redhead53
    redhead53 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    hi i can tell you my acesser was nuts and must be reg as a lier?? so i wrote a very good complaint to the director general of dwp london  lo and behold i had another acesmant?done by a da they are trainers of acesser he gave me enough points from 6 and 2 to over 24 hence enhanced  try it it may work for you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.