Hi, my name is RowZee! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RowZee!

RowZee
RowZee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Im a bit shy, but would like to say hello to everyone. I may lurk in a corner for a while just reading posts for a while, but I'm sure I will learn loads from all you amazing people. Kindest of regards, Rosie x

Comments

• kaz7762
    kaz7762 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Welcome Iv only just joined and Iv got loads off my chest already, Kaz 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @RowZee, it's great to have you join!

Please do get in touch if you have any questions :)
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely to hear from you Rosie @RowZee and very good to have you with us. By all means lurk :) and take your time, but you'll find there is no pressure here. When you feel up to it - and only when you feel up to it - try to tell us a bit more about yourself. We'd love to get to know you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • RowZee
    RowZee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi everyone and thank you for your warm welcome. I'm still lurking but will add my disabilities. I had Perthes disease in my right hip when I was 7-8, which left me in constant pain, a shorter leg and deformed hip joint. After all this time the doctor decided 4 years ago to give me a nice new shiny one. Except instead of making it better, it's made it much worse. It's a different pain now, more muscular/ligament around the joint, but quite severe pain where the metal joins the bone. So now I'm on crutches most of the time and in a wheelchair when I go out. I also have osteoarthritis of the left knee and also in my fingers, CHD, T2 Diabetes, PCOS, severe sleep apnoea and REM sleep disorder and mental health problems due to a traumatic childhood. Apart from that I'm in amazingly good health! Lol. 
    Am I in the right place or should I have joined a home for rescued animals? ?
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Your post made me laugh. Taking my dogs to the Vet it was obvious they were often far better looked after than I was!  And no long waits.   I asked the Vet one day how he could take blood without the dogs minding?  "Because if we hurt them our patients bite" - so if you hear one of those vampire nurses squeal - it might be me with bared teeth!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RowZee, welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this with us- do get involved, and if we can be of any assistance please do let us know!

Brightness