Hi, my name is RowZee! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RowZee!

Options
RowZee
RowZee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Im a bit shy, but would like to say hello to everyone. I may lurk in a corner for a while just reading posts for a while, but I'm sure I will learn loads from all you amazing people. Kindest of regards, Rosie x

Comments

• kaz7762
    kaz7762 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Welcome Iv only just joined and Iv got loads off my chest already, Kaz 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @RowZee, it's great to have you join!

Please do get in touch if you have any questions :)
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you Rosie @RowZee and very good to have you with us. By all means lurk :) and take your time, but you'll find there is no pressure here. When you feel up to it - and only when you feel up to it - try to tell us a bit more about yourself. We'd love to get to know you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • RowZee
    RowZee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone and thank you for your warm welcome. I'm still lurking but will add my disabilities. I had Perthes disease in my right hip when I was 7-8, which left me in constant pain, a shorter leg and deformed hip joint. After all this time the doctor decided 4 years ago to give me a nice new shiny one. Except instead of making it better, it's made it much worse. It's a different pain now, more muscular/ligament around the joint, but quite severe pain where the metal joins the bone. So now I'm on crutches most of the time and in a wheelchair when I go out. I also have osteoarthritis of the left knee and also in my fingers, CHD, T2 Diabetes, PCOS, severe sleep apnoea and REM sleep disorder and mental health problems due to a traumatic childhood. Apart from that I'm in amazingly good health! Lol. 
    Am I in the right place or should I have joined a home for rescued animals? ?
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 242 Pioneering
    Options
    Your post made me laugh. Taking my dogs to the Vet it was obvious they were often far better looked after than I was!  And no long waits.   I asked the Vet one day how he could take blood without the dogs minding?  "Because if we hurt them our patients bite" - so if you hear one of those vampire nurses squeal - it might be me with bared teeth!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @RowZee, welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this with us- do get involved, and if we can be of any assistance please do let us know!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.