Waiting time - DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting time - DLA

Anchorman1
Anchorman1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My DLA runs out in June 2018.How soon do i have to phone up and request the forms. Do i get notice about this if so how much notice?.Thank you in advance.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Anchorman1, good morning I should give them a call and see what's going on. I exspect you will have to fill in a PIP claim form as most people are moved over from DLA to PIP plenty of information about the application process and scoring system on this site or goggle it to find out more.
  • Anchorman1
    Thanks wilko was just wondering if they send me out word when to phone them up.I know i have to ring them up first just don't know when.
  • shazzzyb
    shazzzyb Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Pip will be awarded from date of application so if it takes a while it will be backdated.
  • shazzzyb
    shazzzyb Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    There was a period of several months between my claim and receiving Pip, I received a backdated payment to the original date, that is what I meant.
  • Anchorman1
    Thanks guys just phoned them up and will be getting my forms in 2 weeks then i have a month to send them back

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.