Why have we been asked to complete an ESA50 form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why have we been asked to complete an ESA50 form?

sarahannehouse
sarahannehouse Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am a STROKE Victim from 2009. I have a Carer / Driver / Cook / Appointee / Administrator as a Husband. He does most things for me. Including this Post to the Forum asking for some possible Guidance. We are both part of Disability Rights.

The DWP have been very helpful over the past 7 years. Unlike some of their very aggressive (Care?) Assessment Agencies. No names / Pack Drill. And I got an ESA50 Form too, this week.

So........I was wondering why after a fairly (Mark-01) Aggressive Home Assessment, which stopped after the antagonists were asked to leave, ....followed by another (After Complaint Procedure) much milder and humane Assessment Procedure at their Offices................

We get a ESA50 Form to complete, even though the kind & thoughtful DWP have Awarded PIP?

Is it that this demand for ESA50 is some sort of proxy 'Administrative Punishment-Beating'?

ESA has not been claimed by me. PIP is OK. The Award is advised thoughtfully. Professionals!

We just wondered if this is a Must-Do-It Form50, or is it a genuine mistake. Or a 'Trap'?

Does anyone know out there why an ESA50 is now demanded after a PIP Award?

When ESA has not been Claimed for or even mentioned. At anytime. In 7 years?

RSVP....................Thanks for kindly reading this.

We know there are much worst Cases.

Thanks...............Regards, Sarah & Husband.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sarahannehouse and a warm welcome to the community. Very good to have you with us.
    Not having an answer myself I'm going to tag some of our 'heavy hitters' :smile: into this and hope they get back to you as soon as they can.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your husband,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
    Tagging @BenefitsTrainingCo

• sarahannehouse
    Thank you JennysDad....this looks to be a very promising information Forum.

We are both grateful for the impending research and any likely guidance.

Richard writes this with my support in conversations with him, hourly, daily.

Many thanks SCOPE people and the Site Monitors .........Regards.....R&S.
  • sarahannehouse
    Thank you Tomm....

We do not yet know enough of the Rules and Regulations, let alone the various and manifold changes to PIP / ESA / DLA / Credits and any other DWP / Agency / Assessment Criteria. Also the other historical (Read-Hysterical) Data required.

I tried (Stupid-Boy) to telephone an Agency today. 47 minutes of 'Greensleeves'!

Then thrown off ("Goodby"!) because I Replied in the wrongly to an auto-ebot.

Tomorrow I will try again to reach the 'Professionals' at DWP. They at least try!

More Tomm tomorrow and after the weekend on the Historical Status stuff.

.....again many thanks.....Sarah (and myself) feel now, less alone in this.

Regards.............R&S.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Have you tried the benefits checker to see what you might be eligible for? 
    Esa might be one of these.
    If you get a lot of medication I think there is a form to save on the charges by charging one amount? Unless what you take is in the excempt category.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • angela1961
    angela1961 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I am on ESA, indefinitely, but I have received an ESA50 in the post today. I was also on DLA indefinitely, but I was informed a couple of weeks ago that i'm now on PIP instead (indefinitely again). Do you think that is why they want another ESA50?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi Sarahannehuoue

t risk of stating the obvious, you don' t have incapacity benefit, do you? I get that you have PIP but no ESA. I think that the ESA50 getting sent out is the way in which an ESA claim starts, if you currently have incapacity benefit (or severe disablement allowance).  

Please ignore if this isn't relevant, i.e. if it's just wrong. 

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.