PIP - apply as soon as possible — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - apply as soon as possible

Options
mossycow
mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
Hi there, 
I'm not an expert on PIP, just a recover of this benefit. I feel it important to add that the benefit starts from when you first called to apply. 

I've seen many posts from people who are wondering about PIP or deciding if they will get it or not...... 

And I want to STRONGLY encourage this people to call PIP right now! 

Because they take your details, send out paper work.... And then you fill in form  maybe get some advice.... You can stop at any point.. 

But... However long to take to apply or if you have to wait,... If you are deemed eligible for the benefits it will back pay to when you first made the call.

The system IS improving, slowly but surely. Don't be discouraged from applying by the challenges it can present... It is worth the effort in most cases I feel from talking to friends. 

Best of luck

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.