How much truth is in this regarding ESA and PIP reviews. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much truth is in this regarding ESA and PIP reviews.

Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
Hi one and all I don't know how much truth is in this regarding reviews about PIP and ESA?

At present I've been on and in the ESA Support group for over 4 years since last review and on my ESA85A it clearly states deterioration function noted amongst other things, so not shure what it means at the moment, also My PIP is ongoing high daily and mobility and will now never improve but only deteriorate as there's now cure, so I won't need to contact them in a change of circumstances.

Judging by what is written below in this im hoping now I will be left alone for a good while yet and others in my situation maybe too. God I pray for us.

⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Hi @Governments_A_Joke. I'm not an expert, so don't take this as the final word, but I had a shufty around online, and from what I can tell: 

ESA: The Severe Conditions Criteria can be found here: https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/october/guidance-work-capability-assessment-reassessment-published
    If you meet these, at the first WCA you have after 29/09/2017, they should (but never trust them to do anything right) tell you that you fall under this category. Look carefully at the diagnoses they give as examples. Just because you're in the Support Group and think that you have no chance of improvement, that doesn't mean that they'll agree.

PIP: Do you have an ongoing award or a 10-year or longer award? You'll still have a "light touch review", whatever that means. If you have a shorter-term award, I'm guessing that you'll be reviewed in the normal way, a year before your award ends.

Again, I'm no expert. :)

Good luck!

• Government_needs_reform
    @Waylay Thanks for the extra info. I've also read that too.

Yes I do fit the criteria for the information to be exempt in more ways than one and I have plenty of information to back it all up? But I do guess I could or might or will, by the looks of it may have one more assesment to go through, but again I did read somewhere if I already fit that criteria prior to it and as I'm in the Support group under those grounds and with them checking my claim they might already have looked and decided not to also bother me, but again will see.

yes I'm definitely on a ongoing award for PIP, and clearly states it too.

Also on my PIP Capita report PA3 that I will not improve and I will deteriorate and states know further award review necessary, even the decision maker CM agrees surrounding it all and she has even clearly stated on my desision letter ( I AGREE) you have great difficulty.....  

Also it's not just 10 years or a lower award. Light touch not sure either what that means..

So I'm just praying to be left alone to die in peace but as we all know that's to easy.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello

Two questions  :)  
    What's an ESA85A?
    Are you ESA IR? 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Government_needs_reform
    edited May 2018
    whistles said:
    Hello

Two questions  :)  
    What's an ESA85A?
    Are you ESA IR? 

@whistles I will explain it to you in full detail what it all means.

ESA50A is a Paper based assesment report done by the HP, in others words I sent conclusive factual evidence to get this and No FTF.

Yes Income realated ESA too.

PA3 is for PIP and is also a Paper based assesment form, to again done with factual conclusive evidence. No FTF.

Basicly Im buggered and they know it. Hope this helps.
    ⬇️

• whistles
    Thanks for your reply.

I have never sent in anything to claim ESA. I just got a letter saying the benefits were changing no need to do anything
    I have had a f2f at home since then but it was to check I was receiving the right money-I wasn't. It wasn't an hcp type thing.

My concern is ESA IR is being phased out and we will all have to apply for UC. By the time they get round to migration the rules may have altered yet again.
    It doesn't look as if those in the ESA SG will automatically move to the UC SG with no assessments. I have been excempt, I won't be anymore.
  • leahburnett1996
    leahburnett1996 Posts: 11 Connected
    That sucks. Can you call the number up on Monday morning and ask for a speedy response or not? Basically this is a momentary contact review. When will it take place? What group are you in? What sort of award do you qualify for? Again I’m not a experienced person on these sorts of things. Good luck irregardless!! I hope that you get something. Threaten to involve the media if they fail to take action in a specific time frame. Make it clear that you are not impressed with the way things are happening. It should force them to take action to resolve this pronto. Human rights issues and all that. Big soft gentle hugs.
  • whistles
    Personally I wouldn't worry. The benefits systems doesn't deserve any head space.
    If a letter arrives it does. We don't start migration until next year at the earliest, maybe even 2020.
    Sometimes looking stuff up isn't a good idea.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.