Hi, my name is grandmakaren1958! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is grandmakaren1958!

Options
grandmakaren1958
grandmakaren1958 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi can someone help me.i already receive pips.they dropped my care component to middle rate.i appealed but it stayed this same.now I have bad cataracts in both eyes and my vision has git worse in last 4 months.i have just had my assessment on my eyes and have been told I may have to wait up to 10 weeks before I can have one eye done.i have great difficulty watching tv,I cannot read properlyunless the words can be made bigger.all I can see is a footy mist.pips say I am capable of cooking for myself.i cannot do that now because I can’t judge where to put things or to use my cooker as I drop plates and nearly burnt myself as I couldn’t see the flames on the cooker.i nearly chopped my fingers off when cutting vegetables so now my husband has had to take over doing all the cooking. Although my pips doesn’t run out until 2020 is it worth informing them about my eyes.i don’t know what they do.i appreciate any advise.thank you

Comments

• grandmakaren1958
    grandmakaren1958 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi can someone help me.i already receive pips.they dropped my care component to middle rate.i appealed but it stayed this same.now I have bad cataracts in both eyes and my vision has git worse in last 4 months.i have just had my assessment on my eyes and have been told I may have to wait up to 10 weeks before I can have one eye done.i have great difficulty watching tv,I cannot read properlyunless the words can be made bigger.all I can see is a footy mist.pips say I am capable of cooking for myself.i cannot do that now because I can’t judge where to put things or to use my cooker as I drop plates and nearly burnt myself as I couldn’t see the flames on the cooker.i nearly chopped my fingers off when cutting vegetables so now my husband has had to take over doing all the cooking. Although my pips doesn’t run out until 2020 is it worth informing them about my eyes.i don’t know what they do.i appreciate any advise.thank you I forgot that day I am wheelchair bound due to back injury and left keg so I cannot walk or Stan£ up

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @grandmakaren1958   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Please can I say I do understand and thank you for sharing.  Understand I am sorry about how you are coping.

I do not know what the answer is , but maybe one of our team will advise and help.

Also the community will find a solution to your question.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.