Why do other People think they have a right to Judge. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why do other People think they have a right to Judge.

Comments

• stumpydave
    stumpydave Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My disability is deafness. I am also bi polar and suffer Menieres . This can affect balance. I find myself often apologising to people who turn their back as they speak to me. ‘ Oh sorry I’m deaf so could you look at me when you speak to me’ The reactions I get sometimes you would think I had asked them to commit murder! I used to have a Blue Badge. This was in case I had a bi polar episode and had to park up and compose myself. I gave it up in the end due to the judgemental idiots who think you have to be elderly, limbless or otherwise to have a Bluebadge. 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Post removed by moderator.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I have actually reported that post.

I qualify for a blue badge. I have hidden issues and that type of comment coming from someone else with issues, is worse than someone who hasn't.
    Please read the criteria for a blue badge, please read the mobility section for pip.
    Do NOT assume you are the only person in the world who struggles.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it true that councils can grant travel cards without pip if you have a diagnosed condition?
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    Copied from the motability website. 

'In 2013 when the government began moving people from DLA to the new Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The assessment for the mobility component of PIP measures people on two criteria. One tests their ability in “moving around”, and the other measures their understanding of “planning and following a journey”. In order to get an award of the mobility component of PIP you need to score 8 points for the standard rate and 12 points for the enhanced rate. 

To qualify for the Motability Scheme, you would need to be in receipt of PIP enhanced rate mobility. However, Blue Badge qualification is no longer purely on qualifying for the Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of PIP and is also different depending on where you live'

It went on to say that some who did qualify on DLA do not now because of that.

Personally I don't get the need to have a go at those who have a badge. From where I am sat, I could say just think yourself lucky you have a car!!! Some of us can't drive and won't ever be able to.

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    I started having cymotherapie a while back .at the beginning no one would of ever known .ive been shouted at on a bus before so very mean elderly people ,as I had too sit in the disabled area .really upset me at the time .its very hard with us that have invisible disabilities .ive been tutted at asking for help in shops etc people can be very mean minded.thank goodness for the kind ones 
  • whistles
    Is strange how you feel my response is rude, but their shouting and calling people idiots is fine.

It is down to the individual council to accept or decline a badge.  I took that information directly from motability. 

Have you applied for a badge?

• whistles
    Ignore my above post. The troll has been removed.
  • debbiedo49
    I live in Scotland. Currently I dont get any disability benefits and I cant travel by myself. I would love a bus pass!
  • whistles
    I live in Scotland. Currently I dont get any disability benefits and I cant travel by myself. I would love a bus pass!
    Perhaps your gp can provide a letter stating you cannot drive. 
    That used to be accepted here. Not sure if that's the case for us now. 
    It might even be council discretion?

• debbiedo49
    No idea, with my luck Computer Says No! ?
  • whistles
    That was the Little Britain sketch wasn't it.

• [Deleted User]
  • debbiedo49
    Yes
    Good to know 
    thanks 
  • littleruthie123
    Hi all I use a door to door service here in Nottingham .its run through the council .you only pay half a normal taxi fare .and they help you on ,seatbelt ,carry bags etc,theve been my saviour .they don't advertise it a lot ,check with your local council guys .lifesaver 
  • littleruthie123
    Not just for appointments either .you can go shopping or a social activity if you like.just have too give them a bit of notice .there all lovely and helpful too .community transport 
  • littleruthie123
    Easy link Nottingham door 2 door service .if you have a bus pass through disability your free too join 

Brightness