Disrespectful to the disabled or just usual behaviour? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disrespectful to the disabled or just usual behaviour?

2»

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Misscleo said:
    Its disability hate crime and you must get the police and a councilor to go and tell.thst person to STOP.
    If they they were behaving in that way cos you were black or Jewish
     The police would say its racism and doing it cos your disabled is disability hate crime.
    They KNOW you are disabled..
    So you cant defend yourself. Thats what hate crime IS. 
    Call the police and wjich ever councillor you can talk to
    I don't see a hate crime. I see someone retrieving a ball?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I'm not bothered if it's a hate crime now, i just know i'm vulnerable and don't feel safe in my own home. The police listened to my concerns and said they will come check on me when in the area to make sure i'm ok. There's a lot more going on with my neighbour than i'm going to mention also, most of it doesn't involve me though.

Even the law says that people cannot go into someones garden to retrieve a ball as that's trespassing, just as the person cannot keep someone elses ball if it goes in as that is theft. Which is why i explain to anyone whose ball comes in that i can't throw it back right away so that they know i'm not intentionally keeping their stuff but also so that they know i don't want them in my garden.

Also i mentioned in a previous comment that someone has damaged my garden fence, so this is not just coming in to retrieve a ball any more.The damage is likely to be accidental but i'm the one whose responsibility it is to fix that as nobody who wrecked anything has offered to. And this is why i have boundaries, because other people do not have a sense of personal responsibility.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    If there is more going on which obviously you can't discuss, we cant help you properly. 

All the best in the outcome. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • feir
    it's ok i don't need any help i was saying thanks for advising me to go to the police. Wish i'd done it years ago.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @feir Understand what is going on here. I feel for you. How do you feel yourself?

I can imagine what is going through your mind. One is vulnerable and feel if I breathe or make a move. Understand then it is my fault.

You must not blame your self. You start to though. I did and have done many times.

How and wish and why those who instigate problems by neighbours.  End up hurting the people who have done nothing wrong.

What would work here is some mediation.  Some one has to sort this mess out before it becomes into a words of war.

Trust me I am the one who has been there so many times.

All I see is pain and heartbreak. Is the answer for you to move. I would consider it. Options are there. Surely you need to look at that.

Though hard and difficult to do so.

All I know is that as a member of this community. You are valued and respected.

Wish you the best and wish I could offer more support.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • feir
    @thespiceman I'm ok but your concern is kind so thank you, I do have anxiety partly because of them and partly because becoming disabled is distressing for me.

I don't blame myself, don't worry. I've lived next door to them for years and know they enjoy this sort of thing that they've escalated to or it's at least a part of their everyday life. But obviously knowing what they're like i also don't want them thinking it's ok to go in my garden whenever they want to either.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness