AR1 form complete now need a F2F... why? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

AR1 form complete now need a F2F... why?

RoapR
RoapR Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello

Im new to this, so please bear with me. 

I need some advice regarding my PIP claim. 

I been diagnosed with: Crohns Disease, B12 and Iron Anaemia, PTSD, Enterpoathic Arthirtis, Depression and Anxiety. 

I was awarded standard PIP in 2014. Never challenged decision. I was happy I got. 

Had my AR1 form sent. Since award, I have had a change of meds, surgery and new diagnosis. Never notified as i was in fear I would lose what I had. 

Anyway, in the form, I disclosed, new meds, and conditions ( PTSD, Arthritis, B12). 

I submitted, Psychiatrist letters to GP, Endoscopy Reports, Haematologist Letter and I cant believe ive been forwarded for a F2F. I sent about 25 pages of supporting evidence.

Will I lose my current award? Do i need to discuss only my new conditions? Do I need to say, everything is the same as the previous assessment i had. Is there a way to prevent a F2F?

I told them I will get distressed if I have another assessment. 

I wish I never said anything about my new conditions now. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    You should treat this face to face as a new claim expecting that the assessor and the DWP know nothing of your past history.

You are responsible to identify the descriptors that you believe apply to you and submit evidence that these descriptors are backed up independently.

Don't rely on your previous award.

I have had 3 assessments/re-assessments for PIP in the past 5 years and the DWP decisions were that I was not entitled to anything each time. This is despite the fact that my previous awards were for enhanced mobility and care.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    They have everyone on now I'm afraid regardless of loads of evidence etc.it's a farce I'm on my 3rd review now in 4 years 
  • RoapR
    RoapR Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks you
    for your responses. 

I had had a long chat with a Decision Maker today asking as to why my case has moved to Assessment yet again. 

I explained I submitted evidence supporting and the fact I don’t feel comfortable having another F2F.

I was told, I disclosed my condition has worsened in two particular areas and this the reason why. 

Im really gutted as my previous award wasn’t challenged and just about scrapped through. 

This time round will no doubt be harder. 

I see 6 different Consultants. Surely this should warrant illnessess have an impact on my daily living.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    RoapR said:
    Thanks you
    for your responses. 

I had had a long chat with a Decision Maker today asking as to why my case has moved to Assessment yet again. 

I explained I submitted evidence supporting and the fact I don’t feel comfortable having another F2F.

I was told, I disclosed my condition has worsened in two particular areas and this the reason why. 

Im really gutted as my previous award wasn’t challenged and just about scrapped through. 

This time round will no doubt be harder. 

I see 6 different Consultants. Surely this should warrant illnessess have an impact on my daily living.

Unfortunately telling the DWP and even sending 'evidence' in that you would not feel comfortable having a face to face assessment would not cut ice.
    As the DWP have said claiming a deterioration in abilities, unless backed up with good evidence supporting the new descriptors, will almost always result in a face to face assessment.
    It doesn't follow how many consultants look after you. You only get points where you can show that on the balance of probabilities you fit some of the descriptors. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.