Bad pip f2f review please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad pip f2f review please help

Options
jane1973
jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone i am new here i have been reading about pip claims i had my review last week which i was cut off at explaining any detail in my answers the f2f lady seemed eager to go and smelt of strong tabbacco an also stated that where she comes from which is coventry they know allot about fibromyalgia and that i was in a postcode lottery , the report when it came back never mentioned any of the help i get and need and i could do everything but walk over 200 metres which i got 4 points for and i was not malnourished which i thought was awfull as i have put weight on from being dismissed from work due to health reasons, and microwave meals are not too bad but could be better and i snack eat cos im so depressed, before this i got enhanced care and standard mobility now i face losing my home my dog  and my car that gets me to apointments i feel like theres no point in living as im going to be so isolated im so sorry for being so miserable but im in a rut thanks everyone xx 

Hugz to everyone xx

Comments

• jane1973
    Options
    Sorry it seems so long 
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Jane 1973, you haven't stated if you where moving from DLA to PIP. As the two benefits use different criterias for scoring and all DLA adults and those reaching 16 yrs of age will move from DLA to PIP so hence why the different award.
  • jane1973
    Options
    Oh sorry thanks for your reply i got awarded pip in 2015 november i had previously worked in nhs after ssp i was dismissed from my post on ill health grounds and got pip and esa standard pip mobility and enhanced care pip, after my review last week ive had all the pip taken away and nothing that i said at my f2f mattered i now face the prospect of losing my house ( i rent but paybedroom tax) my dog and my own little car i use to get to my apointments on which the dwp says i shouldnt be  able to drive as im sposed to be disabled. After my car goes because i wont be able to look after it anymore insure etc i will be isolated, the car was my last bit of independance i had and i never went over 5 miles in a round trip because i would get tired but now my life is a mess my illnesses havent got any better and i dont know how they can say this
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • jane1973
    Options
    Just popped a pic on of my dog jupiter but we call her joops
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    I had the same i told Pip my conditions had got worse but nothing i said or any of my hospital reports etc mattered. All got was 8 
    Points for care when i got 10 last time. 4 mobility. 
    I did a Mandatory Reconsideration still the same. Appeal is the next option which i am doing. 

• jane1973
    Options
    I think mandatory reconsideration is my next step my report said i shouldnt drive as it should be too much for me and i am not malnourished and i know ive put a bit of weight on from being dismissed from work and having a hysterectomy but i think thats going a bit far hope u get some good news soon this pip thing is not a fair process xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    I think this is appalling to put someone in this position who is already unwell, then to think you could lose your home. your car, Presume you meant you got PIP in 2015 but this time its all worked out real bad for you.  See this it what i dont get, how one can get it then a review you dont when your circumstances may have stayed the same or got worse.  People having the power over our lives and causing us sheer misery and extensive financial and emotional anguish, its disgusting. It really distresses me reading these stories,  :'(  So flipping cruel. I hope you get justice i really do.
  • jane1973
    Options
    Thanks sue i realise i am not alone on this one like the pip assessor said to me healthcare is a postcode lottery and where she comes from in coventry they do alot more for fibromyalgia well maybe she should let me move in with her then lol i also think it really boils down to who makes the report and then dwp make the final descision and i happened to get two really uncaring ladies its it is a bery unfair system because u have to hope u get someone nice to make your decision and know what they are talking about in my case i got 2 ladies having a bad day, id swap thier bad day for my bad years xxxx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • jane1973
    Options
    Hey @sue66 and @lindadenise recieved my mr back still the same seems like im not getting very far and making me very down i really think of giving up totally, who really wants to live like this? I am totally isolated in alot of pain and it seems like i hit a brick wall wherever i turn, i do talk to my daughter whos at uni 100 miles away but shes doing exams at the moment and i refuse to burden her with all this as she worries that i will do something to myself, now i have to go to appeal which is another fight and i am not sure ive got it in me, so sorry for this depressive post xxxxx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    I know it is very very hard and stressful but i have gone to appeal.
    DWP hope everyone will give up and i refuse to give in, i am dreading the appeal but i feel i been overlooked by the assessor and DWP. Good luck whatever you decide. 
  • jane1973
    Options
    @lindadenise thanx for your luck i hope everything turns out the way u need it to, i think il take a couple of days to see if i can find my fighting spirit and think about the next step, best wishes xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Dear @jane1973
    Please take it to tribunal if you possibly can! 70% of tribunal appeals are won by the claimant, as they're independent from the DWP.
  • jane1973
    Options
    @Waylay thank you for your kind words its always so positive on here i know i should take it to appeal for myself and for others in the same position its so very hard and draining of what little energy i have it always makes me cry to read peoples support as i feel so alone thank you again xxxxx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    @jane1973 No problem! I know how awful it is. I'm just about to meet my partner so he can sit around while I work on my tribunal appeal submission. Can't work on it alone - after ~20 minutes my anxiety gets so bad that I dissociate for some random quantity of time. 

Don't worry about doing it for others! Do it for yourself. You deserve that money. 
  • talulah52
    talulah52 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    We moved to Worcestershire from Nottinghamshire 18 months ago and have had a motability car for past 6 years. My husband has Multiple myeloma in the spine and ribs. Prostrate Cancer. Periphial vertigo and suffers badly from restless leg syndrome. He had a stem cell transplant in 2011 and had to take the drug thalidomide this has caused bad Neuropathy in his feet. He cannot walk more than 50mtrs  without feeling unsteady and pain. We had a reassessment in May. The lady came. Was here for 45 minutes and decided My husband died not qualify for a car. We live 2 & 1/2 miles from the nearest bus stop. It went to reconsideration and turned down again. It's now going to a tribunal. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @talulah52 - if your husband can walk 50 metres then he should score 4 points for mobility - which wouldn't qualify for the mobility part of PIP...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    talulah52 said:
    We moved to Worcestershire from Nottinghamshire 18 months ago and have had a motability car for past 6 years. My husband has Multiple myeloma in the spine and ribs. Prostrate Cancer. Periphial vertigo and suffers badly from restless leg syndrome. He had a stem cell transplant in 2011 and had to take the drug thalidomide this has caused bad Neuropathy in his feet. He cannot walk more than 50mtrs  without feeling unsteady and pain. We had a reassessment in May. The lady came. Was here for 45 minutes and decided My husband died not qualify for a car. We live 2 & 1/2 miles from the nearest bus stop. It went to reconsideration and turned down again. It's now going to a tribunal. 
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. Was your husband previously claiming DLA or PIP? The reason i'm asking is because you mention your husband is unable to walk more that 50 metres without pain. The criteria for Enhanced mobility PIP is no more than 20 metres, regularly, reliably, without paid and discomfort.

The criteria for DLA high rate mobility was 50 metres.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @talulah52 and a very warm welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear this and I hope the comments from other members are able to clarify things. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.