Hi, my name is jane1973! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jane1973!

Options
jane1973
jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
Hello everyone
Hugz to everyone xx

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jane1973
    Welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jane1973
    Options
    Hi sam my name is jane i am 44 and have two daughters and one grandaughter oh and a dog that thinks shes a lap dog but shes a very vocal staffie lol i live alone with the dog and my youngest daughter comes home at weekends from uni in london, i have “lupus like disease” antiphospholipid syndrome, reynauds ( cant spell it ) dry eyes and mouth and was diagnosed with fibro two years ago ive tried every treatment thrown at me including a lidocaine infusion but remain the same oh i nearly forgot the depression and anxiety i think thats it but probly not lol after working through everything else i lost my job when i got so ill with fibro and now they have taken the pip away from me i can no longer pay everything on the esa its so sad and im sad    Thanx for listening xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @jane1973
    I have a dog who thinks my lap belongs to him!! 

Have you considered appealing the PIP decision? When did it get stopped?
    Scope
  • jane1973
    Options
    Ive had it for a couple of years since being dismissed from my job and the diagnosis of fibromyalgia  my review was in april and because nothing has changed and if anything it has got slightly worse i recieved the upsetting news on monday just gone and was stunned at such a change i was only awarded 4 points for not being able to walk over 200 metres and everything else was discarded also the letter said i shouldnt be able to drive a car and i was not malnourished ive never recieved anything like it
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    That must be a huge shock to you :(

You can appeal the decision and we have some great videos about how to do that. take a look and do ask any questions as we have so many members who have been through this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

Scope
  • jane1973
    Options
    Thanks soooo much this really is going to help me when my mum and i start the paperwork tomorrow  xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    If you use the search function at the top of the page, there are so many threads of people talking about their appeals.

Good luck!!
    Scope
  • jane1973
    Options
    Very handy to know thanx again x
    Hugz to everyone xx

Brightness