Pip appeal result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal result

lizzie55
lizzie55 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
After waiting 13 months for my appeal went through it on Monday 21 May.  Today I had my result, I have lost my appeal. I had to remember dates from 13 months ago about my hospitalisation and health. I can't remember what was happening last week never mind last year.  I suffer from various medical conditions that make walking any distance gruelling and extremely painful. I told them I can walk aided 20 to 30 yds, this is what I failed on. My letter of refusal stated , as I can walk aided or unaided 50 to 300 mtrs I do not qualify. The judge said this to me and I said to her 'no I cannot walk that far.' What the hell!  I suffer . From Heart failure, leaky heart valve, osteoarthritis and sero negative arthritis, I've had both hips replaced and was diagnosed with COPD last winter. No wonder I'm depressed!  I cannot get out of the the house without a car. I'm living hand to mouth as it is, every day I'm in pain. If the rest of my life is going this miserable what is the point of keeping going? 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10 Connected
    There should be a campaign to make it mandatory for the ATOS or Capita to tape all face to face as it is grossly unfair that honest people tell the truth but there may be dishonest people make the submission to the DWP
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im so sorry to hear this @lizzie55

I know it must be a shock and really disappointing and upsetting, if you are feeling low there are people you can speak to.

MIND say: Going to your GP is a good starting point. It is common to feel worried about talking to your doctor about suicidal feelings, but they will be used to listening to people who are experiencing difficult feelings.

Your GP can:

You might find it helpful to have a look at our pages on seeking help for a mental health problem for tips on how to prepare for your GP appointment.

You can also contact the Samaritans on 116 123

Do keep talking to us, lots of our members do understand what you are going through.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    The samaritans are a good one ive spoken to them a few times very calming is there anything else u can do after the apeal? Its so unfair xxxxx hugz
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • lizzie55
    I don't know about going to the upper level of appeal, don't you have to pay for it or apply for legal aid?  I have thought about forgetting the appeal and submitting a new claim form for how much I can and cannot do now, not a year ago. I got 9 points for daily living care and only 4 points for moving around. I feel my card is marked now and I will never be able to get any help with my mobility issues.
  • jane1973
    Im not sure the system is so exhausting and so wrong xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • lizzie55
    This is all because the Paramedic who interviewed me for my PIP claim in the beginning , blatantly lied on his report as to how much I could move about.  He said he'd asked me to do all sorts of exercises that I carried out ok, he never asked me to do anything. He said he'd watched me walk unaided more than 50 mtrs. That also never happened.  My son dropped me at the door then aided me to walk , at most, 3 mtrs  He wasn't interested when I said anything to him, he said, just keep your answers to what I've asked you..   I really am sick of being treated like a second class citizen and a liar.  
  • jane1973
    Good advice mike il b doing the mandatory reconsideration tomorrow but im takin all this in for future battles as its not an easy process and really gets us all down when we thought we couldnt feel any worse with the illness
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • jane1973
    Thats sooo bad im thinking ure horrible paramedic was husband to the horrible patronising nurse i had a few weeks ago so so wrong xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • jane1973
    Before i became ill i worked for the nhs and this would never be allowed to happen in a hospital setting so y should it happen in the assessment centres and our homes 
    Hugz to everyone xx

Brightness